The National Football League

The owners always outlast the union in football for some reason. A lot of these players are morons with their money and the owners know it. It’s not like MLB.

Now Watkins is day to day apparently. :(

Now here’s a situation where I feel a bit of misfortune being on the list. I am genuinely curious about the value of Watkins. I just don’t see a Watkins who hasn’t played in several weeks coming back from injury (assuming he is fully healed) as being that much of a game changer. Sure, KC would much rather have him than not have him, I just don’t see him being a real game changer.

If you’re KC, you just need some other competent guys to take some heat off of Reek and Kelce. They’ve got that. I don’t think Watkins (though he is a bit better than those guys) brings a lot to the table.

siren siren siren

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1355712045006655490

2 Likes

I think Detroit is getting the massively better end of this deal. Stafford is washed and Goff is young enough that he might still improve. I guess the big downside for Detroit is that Goff has a massive contract they’re stuck with.

I’m no trade expert, but that seems like the Rams got abused?

if it’s a post jun 1st official trade, it’s not bad at all with regards to dumping him

otherwise maybe 2 seasons, it’s not that much different than stafford’s contract they both eat about the same number this season

lol at teh rams dumping all their firsts again tho, the last first round pick they had was goff in 16. They won’t have one till at least 2024

4 Likes

Fine for Rams, Goff sucks

Goff has a terrible contract attached to him. Dumping him is what makes it okay for the rams.

True, but Stafford also sucks. Therein lies the rub.

Good lord Deshaun Watson is worth like 10 first round picks by this standard.

3 Likes

I think this is a good trade for the Rams. Goff is terrible. He was benched for a practice squad QB. The fact that he also has a huge contract makes getting rid of him worth the two firsts alone.

Stafford is underrated. Still a top 15 QB and with some real weapons and decent coach could have a nice end of career renaissance.

The bears trade was a fleecing too, they got champ bailey

it’s also more complicated than what you posted, given that list was two bears trades.

and in the next 5 seasons all three franchises had about the same sub 500 record

On another site I read they are speculating if Detroit can take this package, add some more picks, and grab Watson.

threaten to sitout demand a trade and get sent to the place where everyone retires early in their primes

1 Like

Wofford was the same or better. Goff not only blows his contract is awful. Stafford put up good numbers with awful coaching, dude will crush with elite coaching and good receivers.

Yea he’s gotta be pisssed tonight right? No way a team can offer the Texans his value.

Yeah, like Deshaun is going to want to play for Dan Campbell.

Stafford was like the king of garbage time. That’s where his numbers came from. There there was no shortage of garbage time in Detroit.