The National Football League

Like if Flacco wins another ring his resume is more impressive than Eli’s.

If you let Rivers in then you have to let Matt Stafford in and I will die on that hill.

1 Like

And if you let Stafford in you have to let Cutler in

2 Likes

HOF is going to be flooded with QBs who were never top 3 at their position. Large Ben shouldn’t make it in, either (but obviously will).

When does Peterman get in?

I’d argue that he had one or two top 2 seasons (2008 for sure) but I don’t think people were ever saying he was the best QB itl.

lol at trying to keep out multiple super bowl winning QB’s in the top 10 in yards all time in eli and ben.

what a terrible take.

also rivers is like 5th in passing yards and 5th in td’s both better than dan marino who would be his non superbowl winning comparison.

BeTtEr ThAn MaRiNo

2 Likes

rivers is statistically definitively better than stafford so you are alone on that hill

Game is completely different now. “Sort by yards” isn’t a great metric.

Jake Plummer has more passing yards than Terry Bradshaw.

sure when you are talking about a thousand or two yards, i’ll give you that. but when we are talking about differences of 20k and 30k that argument is a little less persuasive.

like rivers has DOUBLE the yards that kurt warner had.

This will likely not be true if Stafford even comes close to matching his career numbers for 6 more years.

In a head to head matchup I’d maybe give a slight nod to rivers but they have incredibly similar career arcs. They are both good QBs who spent their careers on poor to average teams and had little postseason success. They put up good career numbers but have been constantly overshadowed by some legendary players.

If the HOF is chosen by who the best players in the game were at the time they played, neither should get in. If it’s based on regular season statistical success, then they likely both retire with very similar numbers and should be given equal consideration.

I think the HOF should consider all 3 of postseason success, relative comparison to peers, and statistical metrics. Rivers only has 1 of the 3, and while impressive, does not qualify him for the HOF IMO.

You guys are way too salty shitting on Eli. He’s the reason we don’t hear Patriot fans bleat about being 19-0.

2 Likes

I think I was the only one in our college house rooting for NE during that game, fuck Eli.

Yeah he should get some kind of commemorative ring for that achievement, maybe throw in a little trophy or something. But put him in the Hall of Fame? No.

Have you ever met a Patriot fan? They are insufferable. Now imagine them bragging about 19-0 for the rest of their lives. Give Eli an entire wing of the Hall of Fame.

I may have interacted with a few Patriot fans when I did some posting in the old SE Brady Deflation Scandal thread, yes.

2 Likes

The HOF should be like 50% QBs given how important they are. Rivers may have been only the 10th best QB but that made him like the 15th most valuable overall player.

I was rooting for the Patriots to go 19-0

Fuck the Giants and fuck Eli

3 Likes

This is for you.

1 Like