The National Football League

Lol no

Cole Beasley named 2nd team all pro. Well ok thenā€¦

I think itā€™s because their was a tie in the WR category so they have extra WR and I guess felt the need to cut out the TE. Darren Waller got the shaft

https://twitter.com/FO_ASchatz/status/1346872499972222977

I think itā€™s because Kelce was unanimous and so no one else got any votes. Thus technically you could say every other TE was second team all-pro.

1 Like

The AP only votes on first team. Whoever finishes behind the first team voters gets second team.

1 Like

So there were multiple writers that voted Cole Beasley for 1st team. Does he have some super awesome secret stats that the public doesnā€™t have access to?

There was a three way tie for 6th place with one vote each.

Has this ever happened?

Not sure. There have been other unanimous players, but since most positions on the ballot allow 2 or 3 players on the First Team, the votes usually still get spread out a bit.

Only 1 vote for Cole Beasley. It was Peter King.

I donā€™t know anything about the two punters who got in, but Michael Dickson was fucking amazing this year and got robbed.

Yeah, I think mostly for being old and out of touch and carrying water for his people, although maybe also for the incessant Starbucks reports

1 Like

Dickson finished 3rd in the voting.

Full totals:

I saw Miamiā€™s PR Jakeem Grant got 2nd team. There really was no one better? As I remember he was fine. He had 1 TD. But nothing spectacular. As a WR he was borderline bad with a bunch of dropped passes.

Man, I miss Dr. Z. I only found out he died long after he actually did, for some reason. Well after he had to retire from his stroke. :cry:

I got mentioned in the mailbag once when I was in high school, haha.

1 Like

Beasley is allowed to storm the US Capitol.

2 Likes

It kinda sucks cuz Tonyan, pronounced Tunyan, had the same amount of TDs as Kelce. He got snubbed from the Pro Bowl and 2nd team.

Unsure about second punter but the Pats punter was clearly their offensive and defensive mvp

Canā€™t wait to see him leave due to health reasons after 2021 when they go 4-12 and 30 of his players get arrested at various times during the season.

5 Likes