The National Football League

That same list but with non-playoff teams will look pretty similar, just with different names.

Just off the top of my head, Stafford, Newton, Burrow, and Murray were all #1 overalls that are not in the playoffs. Over half of all NFL teams have a starter drafted inside the top 15.

2 Likes

Any opinions on survivor pool for this week? Seems like people on NO, TB. I had Buffalo but I think Pitt is better now, I might be the only person with them. 45 left, runs to Super Bowl where thereā€™s a good chance Iā€™m going to take the dog if I make itā€¦

Any restrictions?

No. No spreads. All teams eligible every week, you can take TB every week if you want.

Winner take all, or is there value is just surviving a bit longer?

Iā€™d probably take the Saints under the theory that ā€œI canā€™t win it in the first round, but I can lose itā€.

But Iā€™m a coward that way.

I like Pitt better than TB, so if you want to try to bink a solo I donā€™t hate that approach.

Itā€™s not winner take all.

Mentioned this before, but last year in wild card round there were between 23-27 left, all but two of them took New Orleans to beat Minnesota which I think was a 7 pt favorite. The other games were all 3 pts or so. I had Houston over Buffalo, and some other dude took Seattle over Philly which I think was a coin toss.

Ended up sweating the Philly game for all the marbles and Wentz went down early. I ended up chopping with that guy.

So, there is value in surviving, but itā€™s a big money pool and everyone gets really scared about now. Itā€™s the absolute best time to go against the grain. They all pick the favorites.

Iā€™d probably go TB then. Everyone likely to go NO, and think TB has best odds of remaining games. Buffalo close, but feel odds of Allen having a stinker higher than Brady.

1 Like

You can actually win now. I am super optimistic in these. :grinning:

Saints if youā€™re cautious. Steelers if you want an ā€œagainst the grain, but not too against the grainā€. Titans if you want to go BOLD.

1 Like

Cleveland is gross .

Jesus Christ no. Also , no evening game?

O/u on how many of the Jets picks will be starting for them in 3 years. 1.5?

Also, how many 4th Qs did DeShaun sit?

I called someone out the other day for saying ā€œthe gaysā€ .Itā€™s the most reliable tell in homophobia land.

The Mets Redsox played a very rare, mid season exhibition game in June of 86 at Fenway Park to benefit the Jimmy Fund. Ironically, it was a WS preview. I was a 14 year old vendor but could work after 6pm cause of some child labor laws. The mood was festive. I got every Met autograph, some multiple times, except Roger McDowell. He wouldnā€™t even sign before the gates opened. Wouldnā€™t respond to fans. A complete fukkin cock sucker .

Art

2 Likes

beat the steelers B team by 2, this weekā€“no head coach, no pro bowl left guard, no practice and itā€™s the A team. Good luck!

If this leads to Watson getting out of town itā€™s a huge win. Figure out a way to get to SF or Washington.

There are a lot of teams that may think they need a different starting QB right now
Jax, Jets, Patriots, Panthers, Bears, Lions (rumors), Dolphins?, Broncos?, Washington, 49ers, Rams, Eagles?, Colts (rivers is a FA/may retire), then the possible retirement list of NO/PIT/TB (though heā€™ll probably play till his arm falls off) and a few longshot possibilities on top of that (and if I forgot someone)