The National Football League

I’d hate for these people to have watched some Chris Weinke film.

1 Like

I mean, Brandon Weeden was a first-round pick (and throwing to a Biletnikoff award winner to boot).

I dunno if there are counter-examples, but all the old first-rounders I can remember have not been good. Who remembers when Danny Watkins was supposed to be the surest thing in that draft?

Saw this live and was very confused but I should have thought of this:

3 Likes

sure, I vastly undervalued dak because he reminded me of tebow, I’m aware of my own mistakes.

He certainly has all the physical traits and with josh allen being successful anything can happen–I just don’t see him as a better prospect coming out than I did with watson/mahomes/or even lamar jackson I think at the time anyway. Highest upside is definitely possible if I seriously wanted to think about it but I don’t.

I guess it’s silly best prospect since luck when luck himself wasn’t the best one out of that draft anyway.

fwiw, I agree with you on the age thing if that makes you feel better. There’s definitely a pattern there.

Watkins was a nerd on the OL, I’ve noticed they tend to struggle harder at that position in the NFL.

I mean he shut down von miller once, he busted for other shit than just his age, it seems like he just didn’t really want to be a football player, sometimes that happens.

Well, let’s clarify a little. Being the best prospect since X isn’t the same as having a better career than someone like Watson or Mahomes. But those guys had some questions about what they could do, fairly or not, and I don’t really have any questions with Lawrence. And he’s not a tools guy who hasn’t performed, he’s performed at a high level consistently (and I think you are really selling him short as a passer). Consistent high performance + all the traits we generally look for in a QB = about as close to sure as one can be about a QB prospect, given their overall rate of failure.

Watkins also didn’t want to play football, it turned out, and was moonlighting as a firefighter during his brief NFL career.

Von Miller instagram drama it seems something about I pray you have a miscarriage

right in time for him to host the pregame show on nickolodeon’s playoff game. that’ll go over great

Mack and Henry

I had some guys betting nfl w me about 10 years ago. I have no idea how people would get up at 6 or 7 . Games over by dinner. Gotta be a degen to get up that early, right?

Trevor Lawrence is pretty clearly the best prospect since Andrew Luck (well maybe Joe Burrow). Lawrence has it all. Size, mobility, accuracy and an arm. Unfortunately the thing all three QBs have in common is a franchise ready to waste them.

Good on Russell, but this is why stat incentive bonuses are idiotic.

They’re completely antithetical to the whole point of the overall objective (namely, winning the game).

Sometimes the best QB play isn’t to throw a 50 yard bomb into quad coverage, but to throw it to the sidelines and go on to the next down. Sometimes a WR1 can’t get catches because he’s being covered by 2 or 3 guys all the time; that’s good for the team because it gives your WR2 and WR3 more opportunities to get open. It’s usually better if a safety knocks the ball down on 4th down rather than to take the easy INT. It’s sometimes better for the RB to not score in order to keep the clock moving.

If I was running a team, there would be one type of bonus: Did the team win the game? If so, players get the bonus.

I agree with the sentiment, but good luck attracting players who will have their compensation tied to whatever Gardner Minshew or Mitch Trubisky you are running out.

lol browns

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1346489684227219456

Wasn’t it also the Browns who got rekt by a staph outbreak a few years back?

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1346491121669713927

Huh, and you mean to tell me we still haven’t had any openly gay NFL players?

1 Like

Surely they can put Stefanski in a box by himself and let him call plays?

Nuke that damn organization and all their fans from orbit. Do them and society a favor.

Kick the Browns out of the playoffs imo

2 Likes

This guy was the Vikings special team coach and he was terrible. I believe that guy comment got quite the reaction from punter Chris Kluwe and he threatened to sue the team while he was still a member.

Priefer also got to fill in as HC for a game when Zimmer had some medical issue. I don’t remember how it went

yes they have Cody Parkey