The National Football League

watson they pulled the old over nit picking senior year but mitch blew him away in stats that year in the same conference.

The first highlight reel I clicked on was rather weak. Elite prospect pedigree coming out of HS is the most worthless thing I’ve ever heard anyone say about a prospect too, get that garbage out of here.

he’s got some flaws, got some talent, we’ll see. Trubes +200 football IQ points maybe?

“Blew him away”? What?

I won’t, because HS recruiting is surprisingly on point with a substantial percentage of players, and specific to someone who’s played at an elite level for three years and is the projected #1 pick, the point is, he didn’t come out of nowhere. He’s always been highly regarded and has always lived up to that regard with his on-field performance.

Mitch Trubisky couldn’t even win a college starting job until he was 22.

Trevor Lawrence was 18 when his freshman year started. He won a national championship that year beating Alabama 44-16. Mitch Trubisky?

Trubisky was cashing NFL paychecks, ship it.

1 Like

This is, apparently, a real thing that might happen

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1346271060723982339?s=21

2 Likes

As a Chiefs fan I wish Garrett the best interview a HC candidate has ever given.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/jbbrisco/status/1346273287630970880

All of Chiefs twitter right now

Just another data point that being rich doesn’t mean you are smart or remotely capable. Wow.

1 Like

Dude, he has experience.

1 Like

How is it even possible to be as bad as the Skins under Snyder. The NFL does everything they can for parity between the draft and scheduling. It’s just an insane level of incompetence to basically suck for 20 years under those conditions. The same could be said for the Browns and Dolphins I guess.

1 Like

Also if the business he’s buying doesn’t have a racist mascot then he will definitely try to make them have a racist mascot lol

3 Likes

I think Garrett might be a better coach than Lynn and Fat Mike. I really wish people understood how stupid people at the top levels of the NFL are and that it’s like that in most industries. Regular people just have no idea how dumb someone like Fat Mike is.

Herbert needs to be telling his agent to get him the fuck out of LA at the soonest possible moment. Maybe he can engineer a trade to the Rams. They need a QB and he wouldn’t even have to move.

What’s your nightmare? Bienemy?

Yeah that would suck.

It’s probably the best job, but anyone who takes it has to face Mahomes 2x a year, which is a significant downside.

If you wanna say you’ll pick him #1 because you think his upside is a smarter Josh Allen whatever ,but tape I keep seeing shows he runs out of clean pockets, just chucks the ball up to his receivers who catch it because they’re better than the other side, and just stares at his read to get open. There’s one recent QB who did those same things, Johnny Manziel.

so yeah, I’m going with a comparison of a combination of trubisky/manziel but smarter so less INT’s than those guys. best prospect since luck? GTFO

there’s rumors some teams will interview him but who knows

No, I’m going with his actual, consistent track record of college performance at the highest level, rather than “watching film” to confirm my biases against him.

But, hey, if there was a way to bet on this, I’d be happy to. I just don’t think it’s likely we’d get meaningful results for a while, or even agree on what a good metric would be.

Side note, I think most people aren’t as good as watching film as they think they are and it often ends up an exercise in confirming biases, or else leads them to overrate older prospects who dominate because they’re 22 or 23 in college.