The National Football League

Rudolph starting vs Browns. Setting it up for a poetic Browns loss.

Colts fans gotta be pissed. If Pittsburgh isn’t trying, then there’s no reason for Buffalo to try, and Indy needs one of the other 10-5 teams to lose to make the playoffs. Tennessee and Baltimore have cake matchups.

I figure Pit’s gonna win anyway

Hopefully he can keep his helmet on.

So is Buffalo.

Kind of surprised the Jets are +145 after yesterday’s Patriots performance.

The more I think about it, there is probably an implied collusion scenario involving keeping Indianapolis out. Indy is clearly a tougher opponent than either Mia or Cleveland, everyone in the AFC would rather they not be in, so I feel like everyone will act in such a way to make it happen.

What can I get on a parlay of Cle win, Mia win, Bal win, Tenn win?

the Jags are +7-800, would be far easier to rig one game than four

also not sure buffalo/miami line is up

Counterpoint: Phillip Rivers in the playoffs

1 Like

I’m not talking about NFL rigging. I’m saying that the AFC teams in the playoffs would prefer Indy to be out of the playoffs (rather than Cleveland or Miami). This is true for every AFC playoff team. So, therefore it is in Pitt’s and Buffalo’s interest to tank. Tenn and Bal have cupcakes and are highly motivated to win. So, throwing them in the parlay just makes sense.

Well, if the choice is that or facing Tua, I’m choosing to go up against Tua every time.

buffalo can’t play tua in the first round unless they beat them, Miami is currently the 5 seed

If Tua somehow pulls an upset in Round 1, they could.

Keeping Miami in there just increases their SB EV.

Indy has more equity than Miami. That difference gets distributed to the other teams if Miami gets in. I don’t know exactly how much Buffalo gets, but it is > 0.

If Indy gets their oline back they’re a different team. Browns have huge oline injuries too.

If you assume Miami is that bad and they win the wild card game, they could get KC and that definitely doesn’t help Buffalo.

I guess. However, KC clobbers everyone. So that EV loss is not worth the gains.

Baltimore, Tennesee, and Indianapolis are all huge favorites this week. Cleveland is without Ben playing too. Miami might be the only team with a realistic shot of losing, and Indy needs one of them to lose to make the playoffs. (And Miami might not be a dog if Buffalo rests players because they’re locked into the 2 seed if Pittsburgh loses.)

I’m sure Riverman will be more than happy to tell you otherwise.

KC hasn’t won a game by more than 6 points in the last 7 games.

fwiw, last year and maybe the last few I don’t think this was the case but for a long time, straight up betting teams that had “nothing” to play for or backups vs teams with everything to play for was a big winner.