The National Football League

But then at the next drinking shindig you would have to explain to Dez Bryant why you have a diversified low fee index portfolio and soon you are a loser.

2 Likes

Seriously if you know anyone that uses these criminals just Google any of these absolute dogshit mutual funds they’re in. They will have astounding fees including sales charges / front end loads on top of absurd expense ratios. If it’s Edward Jones or Ameriprise fees could easily be 3%+ per year.

What is astounding is almost without fail you can explain this directly to the people being robbed and they won’t move the money. “He’s a nice guy.” LOL

1 Like

When my in laws recently died (they were not mega rich) and we were closing out the estate and going through shredding any unnecessary records, I found quarterly statements going back many years just chalk full of pointless churning adding up to thousands of dollars just in transaction fees every quarter. But my FIL sure loved his guy. And his guy sure was pissed when I moved those funds to Fidelity ASAP.

Ooops: sorry all. Had no idea this discussion was in the NFL thread.

I believe EddyB from 2p2 posted about some fund he was in that basically had a 2.5% front load expenses on top of 3% annual expenses. Basically you had to give them $10k for the privilege of investing $9,750 in a fund that charged you 3% per year.

Cliffs of all of this basically is that VANGUARD GOAT

1 Like

And all of that is after they bought some idiotic permanent life insurance policy where they got even more robbed.

And often an annuity.

Literally my parents :/

My mother in law (after a very messy divorce - she needed every penny) was sold one of the biggest piece of shit annuities I’ve ever seen. The “advisor” made over $100k (and the MIL is not rich) commission.

that was 6 years after dungy left the colts

ESPN ‘experts’ suggesting the Falcons go after Marvin Lewis:

I mean … hiring an 0-5 postseason coach fits in with the Falcons culture I guess

2 Likes

Let’s not forget that Lewis did that with the fucking Bengals. He took a perennial laughingstock and turned them into a decent team for much of his tenure. I’d absolutely hire him.

3 Likes

Yeah - Lewis seems fine. His track record is solid, if not spectacular. Plenty of worse guys getting a second chance as HC.

Weird that he’s only a co-defensive coordinator at a mediocre college team now. Maybe he’s just good friends with Herm Edwards.

Josh Johnson is still in the NFL?!

pretty crazy career, AAF #1 pick, UFL, XFL, still bouncing around from place to place in the NFL for a week or two before on to the next team

I thought it was ages ago I remembered him getting some starts for San Francisco… and it was

Shocking

Bob Kraft strip mall rub and tug

Jerry Jones doing whatever this is

Jimmy Haslam robbing his own customers by stealing fuel rebates at his truck stops

Jim Irsay being Jim Irsay

Ziggy Wilf robbing his business partners

Woody Johnson doing this

I could go on. What a fine group. JOB CREATORS

6 Likes

Don’t forget about the owners of the Saints, Panthers, Texans too.

And the thousands of Packers owners there’s gotta be some bad apples in that bunch.

6 Likes

2.3 DUIs per owner.

1 Like

The Spanos family, owners of the Chargers, are real sacks of shit too. The patriarch of the family got his start by getting the contracts to provide meals to day laborers who are the backbone of California’s ag business. He made a killing by feeding them food that was somewhere between garbage and prison food. Then he rolled that money into slumlording. An ignoble pile of wealth built on the backs of working people, same as it ever was.

When the Chargers were in their failed negotiations with the city of San Diego in an attempt to get a handout of a billion dollar stadium, a few city council members floated the idea that they’d be willing to lease Qualcomm Stadium(where the chargers had been playing for years) to the team for $1/year. The Spanos family spokesperson responded by calling the offer “disingenuous”. Billionaires angry about paying less rent than anyone else in the city. Don’t let the door hit you on the way out. Good riddance.

1 Like