The National Football League

In MMA, attacks under the Pride promotion such as soccer kicks and knees to the head of a downed fighter are now considered dirty in contemporary MMA.

1 Like

I know so little about MMA I had to re-read this to see if you were putting me on.

Pride was a different time.

It was also controlled by the Yakuza

2 Likes

And everyone was juiced to the gills.
I highly recommend the Best of Pride series.

1 Like

And head stomps. And contracts basically saying “we ain’t testing for anything, juice up”

Bob Sapp was on PEDs? I always assumed he was just big-boneded, and did a lot of push ups. joking just in case it’s not clear

Sapp vs Hoost is legendary level stuff

ETA: just saw this was the NFL thread. sorry to continue the derail in case that bothers anyone.

Looking like four teams for three wild-card spots: Browns, Colts, Dolphins, Ravens. Who’s the odd man out?

Raiders?

Raiders are a half-game back of Baltimore and a full game back of Miami. I don’t think they’re getting in; even if they run the table (which would include beating Miami), there’s still a good chance of finishing behind BAL/CLE/IND.

Yeah saw that, I think if they beat Miami they could get in. A lot depends on MNF and then the Raiders-Dolphins game. I still think Dolphins could somehow slip up vs Patriots as godawful as Cam has looked. If BB can get Tua uncomfortable you never know. A lot will depend on whether Buffalo rest players in round 17

If the Ravens lose tomorrow night then I think they are out. Even if they win, they’ll need to win out and have the Browns lose again. Ravens will have won both games and have the tiebreaker. Browns have Bal,NYG,NYJ, and PIT. Ravens have Cle, Jax, NYG, Cin. Hard for the Ravens or the Raiders to catch Cle.

I think there’s a good chance Browns, Ravens, and Colts all finish 11-5. If Ravens beat Browns their schedule is set up well to sweep, Colts have Texans and Jags at home, and Browns just need to beat Giants and Jets to get to 11.

1 Like

Dolphins

If BAL wins out, they’re in if any of the Colts, Browns or Dolphins loses one of their last three. They would hold tiebreakers over IND and CLE. Only scenario where they would miss would be if they finish tied with MIA at 11-5 for the last spot.

https://twitter.com/lib_crusher/status/1338330369909780481?s=21

Hey, if he’s going to fleece people out of their money, I guess I’m glad he’s only doing it to people with money to lose. The Willie Sutton of financial advisors.

Wonder if they’d turn someone away if they show up with a 500k 401k they want to roll over? Guessing no, it’s all just marketing.

He’s no Tyler Palko.

What the hell?

https://twitter.com/CBSSports/status/1338853924057591808

1 Like