The National Football League

95% of my 2p2 posts were GameDay threads

Iā€™ll normally be game day posting but Iā€™m golfing during the early games this week

donā€™t get why the Lions are favored really, they replaced their best defensive player with a rookie and what did they do to get better exactly? Yes, itā€™ll be a dumb game because bears lions always is, but I expect the bears to squeak it out by one score like usual.

TB is vastly overrated (neither brady nor gronk will be at the level you think of them as) but if I recall right the Saints always are rough early in the season.

Also with no preseason you could get some really rough opening games out of a few teams and thatā€™s not exactly gonna be all that predictable.

Chiefs should stomp the texans but it is a revenge game.

Arizona over SF is my upset special of the week. Defensive teams with not so great QBā€™s donā€™t hold up year to year. (as a bears fan seen this a million times)

Steelers did cover on the road at shitty team out of division last year for the first time in forever.

Bengals over Chargers. Bengals shouldā€™ve beaten Seattle week 1 and Buffalo week 3 last season so gonna take them here even with a rookie QB.

Disclaimer, may not have paid much attention this year, maybe Iā€™ll do better this season lol.

Tb is overrated, but Jameis had 39 turnovers last year. I dont think Brady will throw for 5,000 or anything but the weapons are really good even if you donā€™t expect anything from Gronk.

Well, they have Matthew Stafford back. Also Okudah is good and they also added Desmond Trufant and Jamie Collins. Plus a couple offensive players though I donā€™t expect much from them early on.

Bradyā€™s numbers were unspectacular but fine last year and heā€™s going from Julian Edelman and James White to a lot of receiving talent. He doesnā€™t have to actually be better to improve his production.

What are thoughts on home field advantage this year? Is it still worth the 2.5/3 points? Iā€™m sure things like west coast team traveling east for a 1pm start still affect the game. But what about teams like the Seahawks or Saints with no crowd?

Iā€™d imagine that these first few weeks are even more bettor friendly while the books try and figure it all out than they usually are for the first couple weeks of the season.

I think Bardy will be fine. Not that the cold ever bothered him but passing in warm weather has to be an upgrade.

Im in for a redzone thread. I will be absent week 1 for something but almost every weekend I am glued to it until my dfs teams crash and burn.

1 Like

So NFL isnā€™t bubbling? Just going ahead with no fans?

I think the Cowboys are having fans

Chiefs are having 22% capacity.

A couple of NFL on tv whines, and then Iā€™ll get to our football picks.,

1. My Patriots are out-of-market in San Diego. Still, several of their games are on tv here (9 last season), and I occasionally have things I must do (3 last season, expected 0 this season because of the pandemic). DirecTV w/Sunday Tix is so hideously expensive, that itā€™s way cheaper for me to just go to the bar for the missing games (5 last season, 6-8 this season).

Butā€¦ the bars are all closed, and LOL @ going into them anyways during a pandemic.

1. Last season I had Hulu Live -and- Sling. Sling solely to get Pac-12 network, NFL network, and the Fred-Zone.

This season Iā€™m going only with Hulu Live and ā€œFree Phone Footballā€ for the NFLN games. OK /whine.

Pick Sabo the dog me
Superb Owl, preseason Steelers df Cowboys Ravens df Seahawks
my Patriots this season win division
CFP, preseason GA df TX AL df Clemson
2 Likes

Assuming you have DirectTV, adding Sunday ticket can be done for $0. Iā€™ve done it for the last 10+ years. Just call them up every year, threaten to cancel, say youā€™re moving to Dish, etc. There are also special numbers that you can call where the reps are more likely to give it up. I probably spend 10-20 min every year researching the strategies that people have successfully used for a given year.

It has gotten significantly harder and more annoying every year. But never more than a total time investment of 1hr.

This year they just made it free automatically if you have the Choice package or higher, so itā€™s the first time I havenā€™t had to make the dreaded call(s) in a very long time.

How did they arrive at 22%? Why not 20 or 25?

I just noticed Sling stopped offering NFL Network and Red Zone. Iā€™m keeping mine through week 2 to see the Saints on MNF but then Iā€™m suspending it and just going Sunday Ticket / antenna.

No, I donā€™t have DirecTV. Sorry, my bad for the confused wording. I should have said: ā€œThe DirecTV bundle that includes Sunday Tix is hideously expensiveā€.

Before the pandemic, I was going to go take a class at the local JC just so I could pay to stream Sunday Tix as a student. Which, like just going to the bar, would also be much cheaper than DirecTV.

Another option, since Iā€™m not going to the bars during the pandemic or otherwise interacting with other fans live, is to get NFL Game Pass. Which is what the NFL calls their service that has replays of every game. Then just ā€œtime shiftingā€ the NFL ~4 hours forward.

But, instead Iā€™m going withā€¦ el conejo, ESPN via Hulu Live, free phone football, and $5/mo phone Fred-Zone.

You guys can get the nfl streaming student package. You just need to know the name, school and birthdate of an actual student. Donā€™t need campus email, and credit card doesnā€™t have to match. They just want the money, they arenā€™t coming after you. Iā€™ve been doing it for 2 years now.

I think gamepass might even come along for free. Otherwise you can add it for $50.

YouTube TV added NFL Network and Red Zone for $10/mo. You can easily cancel after the season.

Chiefs!

However do you want chiefs? However do you need chiefs?!