The National Football League

Cowboys cut haha yesterday. Bye haha barely knew ye.

Since we are talking fantasy football, can I get some quick advice. I have done zero research this season.

Dynasty PPR. We start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1DST

Because of the ppr and the extra WR, that position tends to have extra value and scarcity in the league.

Need to select 2 keepers(keeper deadline is today at 10pm est):
Kenyon Drake AZ
A Jones GB
Chubb Cle
Mike Evans TB
Kittle SF

Chubb
Evans

I like:

1 Like

Chubb Kittle imo

Kittle and Kelce are basically in a league of their own at TE. They’re miles ahead of the other tight ends. Locking onto Kittle in his prime is pretty awesome.

Got an auction draft starting in 15. Find those way more enjoyable than your typical snake draft. More strategy and more opportunities to exploit fishy opponents. They’re pretty time-consuming though.

2 Likes

Auction>>>>Snake for sure. So much more fun. In person auctions are non-stop hilariousness. Especially if people know who everyone’s favorite players and teams are.

1 Like

I think I just had the best auction draft ever. I had so much cash at the end that I intentionally overbid for 2 players just because.

Yahoo ($200 budget). Parenthese is where the player was picked in the draft.

QB - Matt Ryan - $5 (75)
QB - Josh Allen - $4 (85)
RB - Dalvin Cook - $55 (31)
RB - Josh Jacobs - $36 (51)
RB - David Johnson - $16 (67)
RB - Zack Moss - $12 (123) - Bid more than what any other owner had at the time
WR - Kenny Golladay - $21 (47)
WR - Allen Robinson - $19 (39)
WR - Cooper Kupp - $12 (26)
WR - Robert Woods - $2 (76) - This is almost certainly the steal of the draft
WR - Mecole Hardman - $13 (138) - Put my last $13 on him
TE - Evan Engram - $1 (124) - Or maybe this was the steal of the draft
TE - Hunter Henry - $2 (129)
K - Stephen Gostkowski - $1 (132)
DEF - Buffalo Bills - $1 (104)

So after breaking the bank on Zach Moss, I was able to draft 4 more players. One of those 4 involved spending my remaining $13 just because.

1 Like

Who is Zach Moss

Used the wrong spelling for Zack. Sorry.

Zack Moss is a rookie backup to Devin Singletary on the Bills. Devin’s supposedly having fumbling issues in camp and Moss has been outplaying him. Figure I take a flier on him since I’m really strong with my other 3 RBs.

This is good info to know for my draft on Sunday.

Nice one.

Allen is one of those guys who is better in fantasy than real life. Jameis Winston was the same last year. He finished top 3 in fantasy points among QBs in 2019 but was terrible.

He got real mad when I pointed out JASH and Tyrod have the same stats yet he loves one and hates the other

1 Like

Fucking Josh Allen knocked me out of the semis of one league then I picked him up for the finals in a week 17 league and almost cost me the ship. That’s my fantasy cool story bro of the day.

Found out just before the draft myself.

I have 3 more Bills on this team than in my other 3 leagues combined.

https://twitter.com/sharpfootball/status/1301948869752877065?s=21

1 Like

Bill O’Brien was a waste at Penn State as well. He hated the school and the administration. I don’t blame for that at all but he knew that that shit was gonna happen. He merely used his 2 seasons there to build his NFL credentials.

As terrible as his trade for David Johnson was, he’s way better than Fournette and ADP at this point.

Adam Schefter is the Maggie Haberman of sports journalism

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1302026779503276032?s=21

2 Likes

AFAIK Adam’s not a pundit. He just delivers news.

He plays a different role from Maggie.

Meanwhile Bill O’Belichick traded a second round pick for Mohamed Sanu, and just cut him.

Flores appears to be the only one from that coaching tree with any sense. At least they shopped Rosen before cutting him outright.

the bears traded for nick foles’s 20 million contract to not start when the jags were just gonna release him (okay it got restructured, but they’re stuck with him for 2 seasons)

and it’s the same GM also drafted trubes over mahomes/watson

HOW IS HE NOT FIRED YET MY GOD

1 Like

Josh Rosen is younger than Joe Burrow.

I don’t know why people were so high on him in college but he’s basically burnt toast now. Maybe a CFL team takes a flier now? Idk.

also lol 2nd round picks. Two of them torched on fire in just one season trades and none of them this time were the Jets.