The National Football League

As a Dolphins homer(though I’ve never lived in the state of Florida), haven’t had to worry about people going ‘phins up early in any draft in my lifetime, even with Dolphans in any league.

My last fantasy league was a while ago. And before that a big gap. I find it too stressful. What amused me about it was apparently there had developed a “right way” to draft and that involved everyone drafting rbs in the first two rounds.

I saw this taking place and thought, this makes zero sense. I am drafting in the middle I will just have to crappy rbs and be chasing the rest of the draft. So I said screw it and drafted Peyton Manning (2004 season lol). I didn’t draft any running backs until the end of the draft and I basically got top players at other positions because everyone was following this weird order. I still ended up with a couple backs who were workhorses every week, never missed any games and put up decent but not exceptional numbers.

I ended up winning the league, thought, as I always do after I finish a fantasy season “this is dumb” and planned to never do it again.

casual leagues in IL are fun, always some bears homer and I LAUGH SO HARD AT THEM WHEN THEY OVERDRAFT A BEARS PLAYER EVERY YEAR

TRUBES BAHAHAHAHHAHA

2 Likes

I remember being in a fantasy baseball league and a guy drafted Daisuke Matsuzaka first overall. Some Red Sox fanatic was in the league and accepted a trade where he would send Johan Santana for Daisuke. The league vetoed the trade. They spent from the beginning of the league to the trade deadline proposing and accepting that trade only for it to be vetoed every single time. People said they stayed involved in the league solely to veto that trade lol

1 Like

It’s all about getting value from your draft positions. A lot of my teams look the same. For instance I had dez Bryant on every team the year he blew up. I got him in rounds 4-5 in each league. The next year I had zero shares of him because everyone was taking him in the first round.

I’m glad you luck boxed your way into a championship but it was because the rest of your league was terrible.

1 Like

Oh for sure.

https://twitter.com/BetMGM/status/1295051192448552962

1 Like

Doubtful it will pay off, but that bet has to be significantly +EV.

3 Likes

I wonder how it plays out if they have like a 9 week season and then playoffs.

1 Like

Or 4. This is a great bet. It’s a lot easier to luckbox 6-1 with a potentially elite QB than 14-2.

1 Like

Have there been any covid cases at these NFL camps?

240 to 1 is insane.

The thread immediately got moved to the DC forum - where it is of course not going well.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=333103

Relevant!

Damn he makes that throw look so effortless, it’s amazing

Cant have a thread even touching near politics on a republican board without some good, healthy, whataboutism

So NFL testing is even a bigger shitshow than expected. You’d think an organization like the NFL could have vetted their testing company a little better.

Good news the 77 positives were actually all negative what a relief!

NFL says Miami highest risk city for fans to attend a game so of course the Dolphins are letting fans attend.

I don’t care if he finishes the season with negative yardage and 0 TD passes. He’s already in my list of top 5 Bengals ever.

https://twitter.com/joeyb/status/1298963580948221952?s=21

4 Likes

Ken Anderson
Ickey Woods
Anthony Munoz

2 Likes