The National Football League

Hogs isn’t bad at all, the OL used to be called that.

Washington Generals is absurd.

damnit I posted this elsewhere and now everyone probably thinks I ripped it off here, which I did not.

1 Like

well, bigger guys should get injured less just from logic but both RB’s and defenses are getting smaller/faster types.

Adrian Peterson had the best ACL tear I’ve ever heard of. Weirdest combination of bad/good luck I’ve seen in the sport.

Walter Payton came to mind regarding durability too–only missed 7 games till his final season at 33 outside of his rookie year he only started 7 games in. (other guy who started at RB that year you ask? Mike Adamle, a long media career best known for announcing american gladiators there’s your fun fact of the day)

I thought of hogs earlier because of the old lineman reference and think it would be a good a fairly unique mascot.

As a cowboys fan I would never say “squeal lil piggie”

Yeah, the joints of bigger guys are often problematic. There is a reason running backs/sprinters aren’t 6’5. (Bolt being the obvious exception)

Mahomes just got all the money

No details yet. I’m guessing 40 mil/year and at least 75% guaranteed? It will probably be pretty reasonable soon.

Hopefully we only miss out on one season of prime Mahomes.

Looks like about $50 million per season excluding the 2 years remaining on his current deal. Plus:

https://twitter.com/jasonlacanfora/status/1280228701800710144?s=21

Dak is asking zeke if he heard about the Mahomes deal.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1280245527955812354?s=21

you mean Andy Dalton will be pleased

1 Like

Richest deal in sport history? I’m not doubting it but don’t soccer players get paid ungodly amounts? There’s not one higher than this?

Don’t know much about soccer finances but quick look show’s me a couple players make more per year in actual salary (in the 60s) but it’s possible nobody surpasses the 450 million deal total.

Messi got paid $92 million by Barca in 2019. Ronaldo and Neymar get paid more than Mahomes too. Factor in their sponsorship contracts and no NFL player stands a chance.

I was sitting at an outdoor restaurant in Bluefields Nicaragua which suddenly went from empty to full of fans wearing either Ronaldo or Messi jerseys. Barcelona was playing Real Madrid.

Nicaraguans are about as far removed as you can get from those two teams, and are the poorest country in Central America. And still they proudly shelled out to advertise Emirates and Qatar Airways to each other. That’s some power.

Although most likely the jerseys were all knockoffs. So no direct licensing money.

1 Like

Give him $60/million a year. Dude’s 100% worth it.

Giants fan

2 Likes

Lol DeSean Jackson.

Double negative Freudian statement!

Soccer players don’t get long deals, just like with the NBA. Teams want to be able to transfer players and the entire ecosystem is built upon that, so you can’t be giving players 10 year deals when you will want them to move in 2-3 for a profit, or the player can use the threat of moving for a nicer newer contract.

In the last 10 years Messi and Ronaldo definitely made more than Mahomes will, but it was 3-4 different contracts for each of them.

1 Like