The National Football League

Really some great racist takes.

I especially like the conflicted fans. “I really wish Pat and the boys would stay out of it.”

https://www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2020/06/17/saints-help-to-church-more-extensive-than-admitted?__twitter_impression=true&utm_source=reddit.com

Rut Roh

He also wasn’t an average QB either.

People were taking fliers on known failures like Nathan Peterman while Kaep at some point probably would’ve worked for a league minimum one-year deal.

Wouldn’t the Redskins changing their name result in a ton of new merchandise sales and thus be a great business idea?

That’s probably Danny’s plan. He’s just waiting to maximize profits.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/hbi2qb/josh_allen_is_the_first_qb_in_42_years_to_throw/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Lol Josh Allen lol Bills

I have never understood how much downplaying of his abilities that have taken place. At his peak he was near elite level.

My family is all Packers fans and my uncles were trashing Kaep and talking about how he isn’t good enough to even play in the league. How the hell did he singlehandedly destroy the Packers in two different playoff games then? They didn’t have a good answer for that.

I have sources that say Kaeps head wasn’t into it as much before the kneeling took place. (I was told this prior to the kneeling) To be an elite QB takes an insane amount of dedication.

He was also a product of good coaching and a league that was caught off gaurd with their play-calling.

With all that said Kaep could still be a top 40 QB this year if he wanted to be and was given a chance.

This is a league that paid Josh McCown for 18(!) seasons but sure, Kaepernick just wasn’t good enough. Brian Hoyer is on his 7th(*) team in 10 seasons. He’ll break out any day now.

*9th if you count each stint with the Patriots.

Cam Newton is a Patriot now. Fml

Well the good news is he’ll be so rusty by the time they actually play again he might be done. Or then again he might fully heal.

The Massholes will turn on him in a millisecond. Hell, they might have turned on him already.

2 Likes

I’m a tru mass hole living in SC and have feared this moment all off season

Mina Kimes is awesome

https://twitter.com/minakimes/status/1239931462796754944?s=21

3 Likes

Hahaha. I saw this earlier retweeted and didn’t realize it was from March. Heart Mina.

But wtf man. I have no doubt Bill and Josh McDaniels can get whatever talent Cam has left out of him to get another division title. Just when I thought things were gonna turn around for the fish. Sigh.

I think the fins got the best QB prospect of all time. You guys will be fine.

Bills still have the worst QB in the division

You mean they got in a time machine and acquired Mahomes?

1 Like

Mahomes has the best arm to ever play the game, I’m fairly comfortable saying it at this point. Even in college it was pretty clear his arm talent was elite. But I’m still a believer that the full suite of QB skills involves the pocket presence, footwork, quick thinking, even quicker release, with the ball delivered on target quickly with immense precision. Tua was doing this in college at a level usually only seen in elite NFL QBs (The Brady, Manning, Brees trifecta).

It seems like every so often in the NFL a QB comes along with a unique skillset, usually freak athleticism, and we hear “this is the guy who will change how QB is played.” It was guys like Randall Cunningham, Michael Vick, and now Mahomes and Jackson. While the best of these guys always have great if not hall of fame careers, I still see quick decisions and accuracy as the two most important strengths to having a long and successful NFL career. That’s where Tua’s strengths lie. Mahomes and Jackson may end up having more successful careers than Tua, having already had some NFL success. But with blinders on, only evaluating them based on their college tape, I’d take Tua.