The National Football League

How about they thought 13-3 was an aberration and believe that Rodgers will decline faster than most people expect?

Possible

I mean you got a 36 year old GOATish QB that last 2 years went

25 TD/2 INT 62.3 comp rate 4442 yds
26 TD/4 INT 62 comp rate 4002 yds

ā€¦

I donā€™t know maybe Iā€™m wrong. But Iā€™d be going all in on arods window. I get it you got Rodgers in the exact same spot you got Love. But if we are being honest ARod ended up 99+ percentile on what you thought his career projectory would be.

2 Likes

Looked up Brettā€™s stats to kind of compare things. He threw 17 interceptions in 2004. In 2005, the year Rodgers was drafted, he threw 29 (!) interceptions. I know it was a different era but holy shit.

336 career interceptions for Brett. 84 for Rodgers.

Although I think thereā€™s an argument that Rodgers doesnā€™t throw enough interceptions. Favre certainly understood that you canā€™t throw the ball away down by seven on 3rd and ten in the fourth quarter. Rodgers will throw it away in that spot and it drives me crazy.

Like, Favreā€™s highest interception numbers come when heā€™s on a bad team. Is the team bad because Favre is playing bad and giving the ball away? Maybe, but itā€™s also because theyā€™re behind a bunch and he needs to gamble to try to win.

1 Like

Both teams would be better if they swapped QBs

:disappointed_relieved:

https://twitter.com/Bengals/status/1255892345532399621?s=20

If the pattern holds, the Patriots will sign him and win 2 more superbowls.

lol, the Bengals organization is not known for making smart off season deals. Yeah, they draft OK, but trades/FAs? dogshit.

Imagine if the Bills needed a QB right now.

1 Like

Crazy that Dalton led them to five playoff appearances and I canā€™t recall a single one

People who donā€™t understand football blame everything on him and say he was a terrible QB.

That is just not true.

There were so many other issues going on with the team that blaming Dalton is ridiculous.

I saw somewhere that Dalton asked for his release. I assume they tried to trade him but couldnā€™t find any takers for his $17.7M cap hit. (There wasnā€™t even really an option for Cincinnati to eat some of it, like Jacksonville did with Nick Foles.)

If itā€™s true that the Pats really did intend to take a QB but missed out in the draft then you would think they will try to claim him, no?

Yeah, almost guaranteed thatā€™s what happened. There was a report a few months ago they were looking for a starting job for him. Itā€™s just a weird year for QBs, though.

They were probably working on it all the way through the draft.

As for the Pats, Iā€™m not sure they have the $$? But yes, I wouldnā€™t be surprised, because BB seems to love turning Bengals castoffs into SB winners, lol.

Iā€™d trade 30 INT Favre for 2 INT Rodgers any day of the week. Brett ā€œjust tryna make a playā€ Favre was fun to watch, even when he single-handedly loses conference championship games for you. Aaron is out there trying to make the right decisions. Boooooring.

Itā€™s worth pointing out that the Packers as a whole were a mess those last couple of years. Favre put up excellent numbers after he went to Minnesota. He still had it.

1 Like

All this shows just how dumb Bears were to trade for Foles. Had they waited they could have chosen between him, Dalton, Winston, and Cam for much less $ and kept their draft pick as Jags weā€™re going to waive and very unlikely anyone else was going to trade for him.

No clue why teams keep trading for overpriced QBs that teams are 100% going to waive. I guess teams must just really be risk averse that someone else will take their guy.

1 Like

When you draft in FF, youā€™ll tend to pay more for somebody if heā€™s the last guy in the tier than if he is the second to last guy.

Dalton is never going to elevate your team to a super bowl but he is good enough to win one with a really good team.

exactly

Some interesting context for the Saints trading back into the 7th round this weekend. If, uh, trades for 7th-round draft picks are your thing.

https://twitter.com/NFL_Memes/status/1255893560362221568

5 Likes