The National Football League

Winston averaged 9 YPA last year. If he could cut down on turnovers he could end up being a solid QB. Still only 25 or 26.

LOL Chargers

5 Likes

That’s the kid from Home Improvement, change my mind

2 Likes

No you’re correct - the pic you posted is Jonathan Taylor Thomas, who was on Home Improvement.

2 Likes

Local Orlando radio honk Mike Bianchi is ever trying to stir up shit and today it’s “let Tua have Marino’s #13.” The number isn’t retired but a lot of Dolphins faithful feel it should be so there’s some silly controversy brewing down here over it rolleyes dot jiff.

I don’t care, if Tua wants the number (he wore it in college) give it to him I say. Marino didn’t RANG anyway.

I think the fact that they made sure he was under contract in 2021 means that they’re willing to let him start, if Brees retires and Winston doesn’t turn into Superman (and they don’t, say, collapse and draft Trevor Lawrence or Justin Fields). I’m skeptical myself, but I think the money indicates they do believe it’s viable to roll with him if they have to.

The Saints already don’t have much cap space so it’s very unclear how this is going to be structured. (Spotrac doesn’t have the information yet, either.) I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a smaller hit this year, with the free agents the Saints have next season coming off the cap (and with Brees’ likely retirement creating a dead-cap situation that’s still smaller than his actual cap hit). Larry Warford, Demario Davis, and Jared Cook are $32 million of cap for 2020 that won’t be on it in 2021.

Winston at $1 million (plus incentives) is an amazing contract. Mariota got $17 million for 2 years, despite being far worse last year and having lost his job. Seems like even if it doesn’t work out, he likely leaves and makes more next year and they get comp pick.

I guess the idea is Winston and Hill will compete in practice so that Saints can decide which of the two they want to be starter next year?

It doesn’t matter even if they truly believe T. Hill is the next Steve Young, paying him 10 million is still insane, when you could have him for 5. No one else would pay him more. And I can’t imagine Hill saying no to that.

WTF, seriously?

The joke is that no one has a single Dan Marino memory in the first place

Is there a joke that I’m missing about Marino’s number, because it was retired.

If he cut down on turnovers, wouldn’t he still lead the league in turnovers?

How easy is it for guys to really cut down on turnovers after staring 30 plus games? It is an honest question, I don’t know the answer to.

If I had to guess, qb’s rarely go from turnover machines for multiple years to bank vaults. But even getting down to average. I am sure it might have happened when combining a major system change with a major play style change.

I could be totally wrong.

Oh lolme I did not realize it was actually retired my bad. He said that Marino should give Tua the number, I guess maybe he was speaking in good faith for a change. If so I agree.

Well one thing that the stats won’t pick up is the fact that Jameis was blind. Adding sight to the skill set of a serviceable starting NFL QB has got to be a huge gamechanger for which there aren’t any historical comps available.

I am nearly blind. You don’t see me throwing interceptions Willy nilly.

:sunglasses: :football:

1 Like

Lolskins

Drew Brees is allergic to turnovers. If he has a chance, and maybe he doesn’t, it will be learning from Brees.

Anytime you can have Taysom run for 5 yards as opposed to Brees throw for 9 yards, ya gotta do it.

HOT TAEK ALERT

How about they just think Love is really good and thought it would be a good idea to get him in case Rodgers is done in a few years?

I mean, I would’ve liked them to have taken somebody who could help immediately, but I can see what their strategy is with their first couple picks.