The National Football League

also the Eagles took a receiver in the first round

I think the implication is that it really looks like the two that walked in the room just got done banging.

We are legit having a great draft. Only questionable so far has been round 5, imho. I mean, Tee Higgins could have gone in the 1st round, and is basically AJ Green jr. Logan Wilson is a stud (yes, i watch MWC games because my alma mater and SDSU are both in it), and Akeem Davis-Gaither could be a day-1 starter.

Lol, i watched Tee Higgins’ interview, guy has been a Bengals fan forever and his idol is AJ Green. Never seen anyone so excited to come to the Bengals. I think we seriously have one of the best WR corps in the league now.

2 Likes

I’d forgotten about that People’s-Jones guy I guess everyone else did too

Ravens killing it too. AFC North is going to be super tough this year if Big Ben actually comes back as anything other than a corpse and the Browns new tackles prove capable. Cincy will need more time to build an O live for Burrow in my opinion

I am so here for these zoom performances. Brandy and her band doing Lean On Me was awesome - and this other band (Her?) is awesome.

1 Like

Also - according to twitter the guy is Eason’s brother and the girl is Eason’s girl friend.

2 Likes

Oh great the Pats drafted a white supremacist place kicker.

2 Likes

Hey, Bengals fans, Twitter evidence that Joe Burrow is a non-deplorable:

https://twitter.com/RzstProgramming/status/1253474064439574528

1 Like

Saints are going to sign a one-year deal with Jameis Winston

Cam should fit in very well with the team, and especially fan, culture.

Make sense even if he isn’t. Saints with a good back up are still a very tough team. But if they’re forced to trot out someone like Kyle Allen, then they’ve got big problems.

well he’s thrown more passes to Saints than Taysom Hill has

1 Like

btw how the **** did Hill get 10M/year with no leverage

Yeah, after Teddy Bridgewater went 5-0 they naturally want to go back to making sure their backup QB is good enough to win games. (And hey, maybe there’s an outside chance the Lasik and Payton’s coaching miraculously cures his interception problems.

He’s the only QB under contract for 2021; i’m guessing they wanted to guarantee some continuity in the worst-case scenario and also he might end up as the starter in that scenario-- if Brees retires, Winston leaves, and they aren’t in a position to acquire a new franchise guy.

The Hill contract only gives them one more year of control though. And it costs them $15 million (his one year tender was $4.7 million). That is a ton to pay to an untested back-up.

Unless Winston signs for super cheap, this makes no sense. If Hill is worth the contract, he should be good enough to be the backup. Last year, at least he was super cheap, so even combined with Bridgewater, Saints weren’t paying way too much for their backup QBs. However, if they’re paying Hill $10 million and Winston a decent amount, that is way too much money tied up for QBs.

Brees is 41 and was injured last season.

Don’t get Hill’s contract even with that reasoning though

Always funny reading these post draft grades. Apparently 90% of teams did everything right. So why suck most of them come autumn?

1 Like

Somebody has to lose, right?

Crazy variance in football too. Couple of field goals end up being the difference between playoffs and going home early.

Isn’t the average grade at Harvard like a B+? Grade inflation everywhere, man.