The National Football League

Don’t think he ever signed a $100 million contract with Dolphins. I see him with a $77 million extension in 2015.

Closest someone came is Peyton. Never got to $100 million, but came super close twice. Signed a - signed a 5/$96 with Broncos and $99 million contract with Colts early in career.

edit: missing Colts contract.

You sure? I swear I remember a bunch of hype over Tannehill being Miami’s “first $100 million player” back then. I’m not somewhere I can look

I wonder if Bardy left because he wanted his personal trainer Rasputin back on the sidelines

Here is what I found:

In 2015 he signed a contract worth 6/$96 million. However, he was already locked in for 2/$18 million, so it was really a 4/$77 million extension.

Maybe he was the first $100 million player in that he was slated to make a total for $100 million (including what he had already made) from Dolphins if he played out that contract?

edit: wouldn’t he have been second $100 million player? Don’t recall exact details, but wasn’t Suh’s contract worth $100 million?

Yeah maybe they were adding them together

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1240277926555369472

Why does O’Brien still have a job.

While I hate BOB and not saying this could’t have happened, Irving seems like one of the most unreliable sources in the NFL. Seems like he has a tendency to insert himself in stories by just making stuff up - e.g. the Brady to Dallas rumors, claiming he was told this by sources.

1 Like

He has a crippled son.

That was seriously the only redeeming thing about him in that one season of Hard Knocks. He seems like a complete asshole.

Well in this case Irvin named his source at least. It would be pretty ballsy to make up something like that and attach a name to it.

When it comes to elite wide receivers I trust him. He is close to a lot of them.

Bill’s a piece of shit. Bailed on Penn State after a year after claiming he was there for the long run.

Of course he’s hardly as big a piece of shit as everybody who coached on the PSU football tram pre 2013.

He looks like he has coronavirus in that picture.

9 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1243358820895580166

1 Like

My impression is basically Goodell announcing each pick to no crowd while a bunch of teams meet via Zoom to discuss who to pick.

Maybe they’ll pipe in some cheering.

I was going to make a Jets fan joke because they always seem amped at draft but it’s just not funny.

Rozelle: NY Jets 1st round selection…fullback…
Fan: OHHHHH NOOOOOOOOO

Jets fans in unison: We want Sapp! We want Sapp!
Tagliabue: NY Jets select TE from Penn St., Kyle Brady

8 Likes

I updated that video maybe two years ago with hackenberg and others since then and I still need to update it with one more.

I thought we were gonna take Marino, maybe the Jets brass knows something we don’t

2 Likes

dumb to full silence talk but there’s zero reason to not hold the draft, you can just sit and home and pick people. I mean what are they gonna do worse, pick 2 seasons later MVP Lamar Jackson after 4 other quarterbacks in the draft this time?

1 Like