The National Football League

Never forget

4 Likes

He has 2 super bowls to go along with 4 pro bowls, and 7th all time in passing TDs and yardage.

Once again we all know he shouldnā€™t get in, but he probably will.

I could see him getting in. More passing yards than Warren Moon, Dan Fouts, Fran Tarkinton and John Elway, all HOFā€™ers.

1 Like

Wonder how many HOFers have never been selected to an all pro team?

Definitely getting in

Agree that sorting by Super Bowls is super dumb because if youā€™re consistent about it, it cuts both ways, so no Moon, Fouts, Marino et al (Doug Williams has more rangs than all of these combined)

Troy Aikman never was. Thatā€™s the only one I know off the top of my head.

1 Like

Who played when you were still allowed to play defense

4 Likes

He never had a truly great regular season. He had 3 or 4 very good seasons. The first 4 years he was terrible and the last few years he was terrible. He just has to be the guy thatā€™s the answer to the trivia question which two time superbowl MVP QB didnā€™t make the hall of fame. I say this counting my blessings for two SBs, one would have been enough.

If he had one more run to the NFC championship game, had maybe one season he was a legit top 5 player, actually had a winning percentage above 500ā€¦

Canā€™t spell ā€œeliteā€ without Eli.

3 Likes

I mean letā€™s face it, he played in New York his entire career and his name is Manning. Heā€™s always getting in

3 Likes

Heā€™s definitely getting in. Partly due to basking in the sunlight reflecting off his brotherā€™s giant forehead.

4 Likes

I actually agree with what youā€™re saying, but pretend he isnā€™t a huge dork. Without being a dork I think I have no problem with this.

Sort by triggers Patriots fans and heā€™s close to #1 and thus a hall of famer.

2 Likes

this entire forum wouldnā€™t vote him in yet weā€™re all pretty sure heā€™s getting in

I think he snaps get in first attempt. Football hall of fame voting is nowhere near the toughness of baseball hall of fame.

1 Like

So because Iā€™m a giant nerd, I went back and checked this. There are five other HoFers who retired after 1990 who never made an All-Pro team. At least three of them are real stunners. Anyone care to guess?

Kurt Warner? Seems like he was always hurt

Uh, Kurt Warner had 2 MVP years with the Rams

PFRā€™s hall of fame monitor has him as super borderline but behind big ben

Big ben actually is a great comparison; came into the league the same time, they both have 2 superbowls, 0 all-pros, and extremely similar stats

Ben: 56,545 yards, 363 TDs 191 Ints
Eli: 57k yards, 366 TDs 244 Ints

Troy Aikman