The National Football League

Had this inside the two-minute warning in the last game a few years ago. Lost it on a terrible replay review where a catch != catch. The sweats are legit awful.

ddd

I get it man, I’m half-joking. But that is what I play for. Pain and a dream. If you aim to make a steady living playing DFS then obviously play $100 hu with donks if those still exists.

They don’t exist anymore. I put feelers out in NFL Week 1 H2Hs at various buyin levels and all of them were taken by unknown accounts with optimal-ish lineups. Obviously I get playing the big events as a sports lottery because I’m doing that too but I’m pretty much finished grinding.

So Trevor stays in school, earns a ~million dollars less over his lifetime as a result, and goes to the Jest a year later anyway. Solid plan :+1:

Cowturd says the Jest have 11 draft picks next year, not counting whatever they will get in exchange for Darnold.

It’s amazing how insanely hard it is to make any sort of big money in a DFS contest. I play one contest per week (sometimes I’ll do a 50/50, too), usually just for $3. Just a fun sweat. Do some quick research and throw a team together. This was probably the best I’ve ever done - nailed pretty much everything except defense (Kamara didn’t give me great points/$, but it was still 22.80 points) and I STILL only came in 2,842nd out of 550,000. I mean, that’s awesome, but it still only won me $25 on my $3 buy-in (great ROI, obviously):

1 Like

Man I can’t understand that. Risk injury playing for free another year and jeopardize millions of dollars?

this week was a huge chalk week. the lineup is great but it’s super chalky other than Gronk. Adams going off made the best builds even more popular.

this is the kinda of weeks that happen twice or so a year and makes everyone wrongly rethink gpp strategy.

True. I’m a fairly chalky guy except for when I have to find someone on the cheap. This past week, there were a couple obvious bargain RBs.

I know I’m never going to make any big bucks. I just have fun making my picks and if I profit a couple dollars, awesome. I was probably break-even on the season before my MASSIVE $25 score.

(I actually thought my Herbert/Allen stack was pretty clever, but I guess it was semi-chalky because of the opponent and Herbert’s running ability likely makes him popular.)

don’t get me wrong those are some great binks. Going with a lockett one-off over metcalf is also top notch. But because Adams went off, all cheap RB hit and guys like DJ Moore and Tyler Boyd all hit you basically did well if you didn’t go off script (which i did)

1 Like

Oh, agreed. Just making the obvious observation of how ridiculously difficult it is to break into meaningful money. I’m a total DFS rec and I enjoy that.

True, but I can tell you that if you go extremely over the field on Josh Allen and Diggs vs the Jets and they don’t score any TDs it is much harder to make money.

2 Likes

Where would Chiefs D have put you?

327th for $50. Wouldn’t have had enough salary cap space, though.

fading Kamara would have been the right play with that build in a GPP.

Also your lineup scored better than every single one of my 150 lineups.

Lockett > Metcalf was my favorite play of the entire slate I think. I had a lot of that. Still didn’t matter.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/1321875465410207744

https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/1322269540093407233

2 Likes

Man I love Rich Eisen. He works in “gtfo there and vote” somehow into every segment.