The Nashville Christmas bombing

I was thinking of whoever would be level 2. Idk maybe there isn’t a level 2.

Seems like surveillance had to be involved for there to be zero casualties.

There is a video posted up thread that shows it. You can hear the recording telling people to evacuate and can see the explosion

I’m now imagining the verbal warnings interspersed with audio clips of Jerry Stiller yelling about Festivus.

4 Likes

Claiming credit and hiding are not mutually exclusive. Toobin’s book on Patty Hearst really drove home what a bunch of incompetent disorganized imbeciles those SLA clowns were and it still took years to catch them.

Going to all the trouble to try and clear people from the area is a real head-scratcher. Like if you’re that angry and frustrated and want to get people’s attention, you aren’t usually concerned with protecting people. Olympic bombing, Boston marathon, etc. Gonna be interesting to see how it plays out.

Venn Diagram of people crazy enough to do shit like this, and people competent enough to do shit like this, with no casualties, a working bomb, working warning system, etc, and finally people who care enough to not want casualties, are usually three circles that do not overlap.

9 Likes

2 Likes

It’s confirmed about the warning:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/12/25/nashville-explosion-christmans/

However, you’re assuming the degree of explosion was intended, versus the possibility that they intended for it it be a much less destructive blast and f’ked up the cocktail mix.

1 Like

Yeah this is a weird one for sure. Which is why i think there will be something released regarding motive. You don’t go through all this trouble without wanting to make a point, and if nobody gets your point you gotta do something.

Yeah, but they are still waiting on the cops to solve the water jug filling puzzle

3 Likes

This is a good thread from locals with local info.

They’re still reporting the rv was abandoned " in the middle of 2nd Ave " and a police officer is the one who called it in.

Also sounds like many ATT services are down including some 911 calls.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nashville/comments/kk2tnk/megathread_2_nashville_christmas_day_bombing/

Seeing reports on the reddit thread about cell phone outages now across the southeast.

Just noticed but my internet is down. Carrier is ATT. I’m 15 miles NE of Nashville.

2 Likes

Also sounds like cops were responding to a call about shots fired in the area. WTF

https://twitter.com/TheActivatedPod/status/1342536300541267968

this is suspicious. even a large explosion wouldn’t cause networks to actually offline. there would need to be a simultaneous attack.

:tinfoil:

is att a solarwinds customer? just looked it up, it is.

1 Like

Makes me worried about something else coming now. Taking out comms would be the first step to a second attack.

I wonder if this is a precautionary thing? We are more than 6 hours after the bomb blast. Its unlikely the bomb did anything to damage the comms.

Ummmm, there is no trace of an RV in this shot. Thing must have vaporized

A countdown timer and a loudspeaker saying “this go boom” might capture even the dullest of law enforcement’s attention.

Allegedly. :joy:

1 Like

It’s been acting funny all day but I really didn’t notice til recently.