The Nashville Christmas bombing

Car bomb causes massive damage in Downtown Nashville. No serious injuries, but the damage is huge.

First attack by Ya’ll Queda?

Really glad no major injuries.

1 Like

It seems weird to plan an attack with no casualties like that.

So far, I’ve seen attempts to claim this was done by:

• Muslims/Iran
  • Democrats trying to distract from their coup
  • Antifa/BLM
  • FBI/CIA/deep state

The best and brightest of Y’All Qaeda seem like the sort to plan a terrorist attack that fails to kill people when executed. Muslims usually get shit done when they do terrorism, so the lack of dead bodies makes me think it’s not that. It could be neither, but one feels more likely than the other.

2 Likes

Police got a call at 6 am to report a suspicious vehicle – huh? Then the officers responding had reason to call in the bomb squad. OK, I guess the second part seems likely, but who reports a suspicious vehicle parked downtown at 6 am? The bomber does.

Let’s see how the security footage looks.

4 Likes

They aren’t exactly known for competence.

But yeah whole thing seems weird. Christmas day? Might just be some nut who’s pissed about Christmas/covid/5g towers

1 Like

JFC you weren’t joking about the massive damage. This could have been really bad. It does look like their goal wasn’t to kill people because it was in a spot where there doesn’t seem like there would ever be much traffic.

https://twitter.com/HelenKennedy/status/1342491716700536832

https://twitter.com/aletweetsnews/status/1342492149477216258

meh biggest bombing in us history is definitely y’all Qaeda (OKC)

We’ll see obviously.

6 Likes

World War 1, there was a Christmas Truce
2020, a pandemic and a botched car bomb

Geez.

This is especially striking if you’ve ever been in Nashville. That spot is a few hundred yards from the main tourist drag which is basically wall to wall packed with people every weekend. Someone that blew up a car bomb in that spot on Xmas morning could easily have killed at least 100 people on random weekend.

1 Like

I was in elementary school at the time of the bombing in a suburb ~20 miles from downtown. You could feel the explosion.

True. This one could have caused massive damage too if it was around people. Looks like that wasn’t the goal as it doesn’t look like a high traffic area.

As @LodenPants pointed out someone called to report a suspicious vehicle at 6am which seems super weird/unlikely unless it was the bomber. Whole thing is weird and doesn’t make a lot of sense.

2 Likes

CNN guy is saying it was an RV, so that might make it more likely to be regarded as suspicious by bystanders.

How many bystanders are there in a tourist/business district of Nashville at 6am on Xmas?

The only thing about this bombing that I can say with 100% confidence is that there’s going to be a whole lot of finger-pointing and people who will accept no explanation other than the one that fits their narrative.

5 Likes

Awww man, they blew up the Hooters.

Seriously though, that area is Nashville’s main tourist hub. Im really curious what the motivation ends up being here.

Nashville is a weird option. Yes, its gotten more lefty over the last two decades, but it certainly isnt some bastion of liberalism.

1 Like

I still remember the OKC bombing. Kept hearing reports of suspicious middle easterners on I-35.

Country Music isn’t all that bad.