The Nashville Christmas bombing

Also R/nashville is reporting it was in the middle of an intersection.

This unfortunately is incorrect.

The red circle shows the approx location of the bomb. The blue lines are the main Nashville tourist hub, and the black circles are major parking areas for those going to and from those areas. A lof of people have to cross 2nd and church to get back to their cars. If this was during a non-Covid time, that area is regularly very busy.

If they just wanted to damage to property and not people, they would have parked the car along 1st ave.

2 Likes

The bomb seems to have damaged buildings all the way to between Commerce and Broadway. Thats a hell of a blast.

Likely no one, though there are some historic churches in the area that require parking in satellite lots. Maybe somebody going after the Christmas mass crowd?

https://www.reddit.com/r/nashville/comments/kjyf5f/nashville_fire_radio_explosive_device_in_rv/

This post seems to imply it was an RV, which might explain the size.

Edit: WTF??

“10:26am News is reporting that the RV had a visible countdown timer and announced over loud speaker that folks nearby had 15-20 minutes to evacuate.”

1 Like

No way that’s true. Probably some dude calling into the news.

1 Like

Yeah, it sure doesn’t seem like it. Terribly irresponsible for the news to put that out

I find it hard to believe that the media would be irresponsible in their reporting.

3 Likes

On the other hand:

“Nick Beres said that he got the info from the officials on the scene.”

Nick Beres is the News Channel 5 anchor in Nashville…

The cops kept saying there was “something” about the RV that was suspicious and that’s why the bomb squad was enroute. Not sure what you could observe from the outside of an RV that would make it look suspicious enough to call the bomb squad. So I guess, I’m not ruling out the countdown clock.

2 Likes

Well, from what im reading, the suspicious part was that they abandoned it in the middle of the street. It wasn’t parked off to the side or anything.

Why though does parking in the middle of an intersection trigger a call to the “bomb squad”?

An abandoned RV in the middle of a busy intersection would definitely raise flags.

Some have said that police were responding to reports of shots fired, noticed the RV, and called it in.

Makes me wonder if it was meant to go off later, but someone had the ability to detonate early because of the attention.

Well, that explains “suspicious”…

Yeah think this started as a reddit post LOL

Merry Xmas, mods. Here’s a derail that probably deserves its own thread.

1 Like

Video of evacuation announcement and explosion:

11 Likes

The blew the color right out of that camera!

2 Likes

Holy shit so its true. That had to be coming from the RV right? Bombsquad wasn’t even there yet.

The eye witnesses who were claiming this on reddit said it was coming from the RV. Thats fucking wild.

1 Like