About Andor, and lesser Star Wars things

Just binged the Mandalorian start to finish. It was entertaining enough to get to the end but not much better than that. I wouldn’t recommend bothering with it for those that haven’t seen it by now.

I didn’t think it was terrible or anything, just really cliché. I could have spent the 5 or so hours on better things.

2 Likes

I liked how the second guard can’t believe what a bad shot his buddy is, so he takes out his blaster to show him how it’s done and can’t hit shit either. What’s the most natural conclusion? Something must be wrong with the blasters! LOLOLOLOLOL

1 Like

Be entertained. Don’t think about it too hard.

1 Like

Merrian Webster defines entertainment as “making silly memes about pointless internet arguments”

2 Likes

Just cancelled disney+ and I give mandalorian 3 bags of popcorn. Werner Herzog hooked me and Carl Weathers kept me going but I was pretty disappointed. I was never really a big star wars fan, and it kept that same bland hokey star wars style that I never liked. Star Trek forever. 8 episodes of Garak doing missions for the obsidian order would have been a lot more entertaining for probably 1/5 the budget

2 Likes

Super-excited about the casting news for season 2 of The Mandalorian.

Rosario Dawson will play Ahsoka Tano.

1 Like

I watched the first three episodes of The Mandalorian.

I was excited to see

Bo-Katan and recognized her just by seeing her

And then they mentioned

Ahsoka Tano

1 Like

100% in and enjoying Mandalorian. Had to do a little research to catch up on the new people. Thought I was so smart for recognizing Bobba Fett earlier.
If I ever take up another big series, SW Rebels is in the running.

2 Likes

Yeah, I came in expected to hate Mando, but it very quickly won me over.

1 Like

The Mandalorian S2E5 means a lot if you watched Star Wars Rebels.

And explains why Ahsoka is looking for Thrawn.

1 Like

Risky just drew my attention to negative posts I made last year that I had completely forgotten. I didn’t remember disliking the show that much and watched the first two episodes this season. I disliked them too and stopped watching. I wish a few weeks ago me had remembered what last year me thought. Could have saved me an hour of my life.

Seriously tho, y’all do realize this is a children’s show, right?

3 Likes

I haven’t read anything here for reasons you will understand, so if this has been addressed, I apologize.

New threads include spoilers and obviously that’s fine. But when they’ve been extracted they keep the people from the previous thread on “tracking” status.

My point is I’m subscribed to this thread without any action on my part and I want to watch season 2 eventually without being spoiled. Is there anything that can be done to remove people from being subscribed to extracted threads?

Does this not do it, just change the Tracking to Normal or Muted.

1 Like

Thanks but that wasn’t my question and tbf it’s probably something better suited for the “help” thread.

I already changed my status. My question was can I not automatically be enrolled in a new thread based on an old one that I participated in.

Gotcha, yeah I don’t know about that behavior, I’d guess there may be an admin setting but probably no user override. On balance it probably makes sense to have tracking defaulted to on splits. Best you can do is probably click on the thread and immediately click this guy if you don’t want to risk scrolling over spoilers

1 Like

wat, ban yourself plz

5 Likes

I mean, The Old Man and the Sea, the Odyssey, most of the Marvel movies, Star Wars, Frozen, and much of this are all on the same monomyth plot structure, so, given the lack of boobs and blood in all of them, the distinction between children’ and adult’s entertainment is not all that clear here.

It’s Star Wars. You expecting something else?
And it’s done well. Good as an encapsulated show. Also filling in gaps in the Star Wars universe story.

In semi-related news, found a good source for the SW: Clone Wars animated series. 20 minute episodes, no commercials. Half way into Season 2 (ep 30 of about 120). Quality is up and down, but is hitting it’s stride.

Zikzak obv wirelessbro.

1 Like