The Television Streaming Thread: Now With Felonies

Last wish, sword of destiny, 5 main books, season of storms is the order I did

3 Likes

Finished the Witcher, solid A-, really liked it, for those struggling with the first episode heed Trolly’s advice, this was exactly how I got into it. Yen is the best character and the actress playing her is blisteringly hot but the T&A was too much. You can’t summon a djinn or whatever with your clothes on?

1 Like

Time to move on from Netflix until Narcos Mexico season 2 (Feb 13th I believe)

LOL @ Disney+, only a 7 day free trial? Do you really think I can’t watch all of Mandalorian in a day and peace out, like, tomorrow?

Alright Disney+ enabled, I’m pulling a power move and watching Willow first

3 Likes

Mom likes my Christmas present of Disney+, is hatewatching Dr. Pol.

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: The Mandalorian

Watched The Irishman yesterday. Super boring and I would like to have my 3.5 hrs of lifetime back. Cant unterstand the RT and imdb scores.

4 Likes

Love seeing the Witcher love ITT. I’ve played all the games and read the first two books, and while I have a few complaints about the story adaptation (Brokilon Forest wtf), overall I liked it a lot.

Gotta give a shout out to the casting. Ciri, Yen, Jaskier/Dandelion, and Geralt are pretty much spot on. Also, whoever the fight choreographer is deserves major props.

Fun fact: Henry Cavill is a huge nerd who had played the game several times and basically hounded his agent to get him the part of Geralt. He also missed the call that he’d gotten the Superman role because he was raiding in WOW and didn’t want to afk :joy:

6 Likes

MADMARTIGAN

YOU ARE GREAT

how in the fuck do i still remember that

Holy shit. Binged first two seasons of the Amazon show GOLIATH. So fucking good.

2 Likes

I appreciate the contrasting opinions.

I love legal dramas.

I also love stories about people facing addiction (even if poorly). See this but also that one season of Dexter.

Billy Thornton’s character frequently has moments of profound insight and compassion, but I also see more clearly than ever why drinking is easier than facing what drives him to drink. I see more clearly why the people who love him think he’s amazing. If only he could quit drinking (and everything he’d need to heal in order to do so).

They also feature one of the first openly transgender women playing an openly transgender character in a major production.

I could go on. It has a ton of stuff that resonates with me. But I also think it’s exceptionally well made.

Do you like Mark Duplass? He kills it in s2. Weird and great role for him.

Now you’re just trolling me lol

1 Like

16 posts were split to a new topic: The Mandalorian

I’ve been re-reading The Last Wish, and man, the Netflix Witcher series totally scrubbed some of the demented fairytale retellings that I loved from the books.

In the book, the girl Geralt fights in episode 1 was a reimagined version of the Snow White fairytale, but you’d never know it from watching the TV version.

3 Likes

I don’t think I’ve seen this come up yet itt…

Has anyone watched Don’t Fuck w Cats? It’s a 4 or 5 episode docuseries about internetters hunting a guy who was kind of ‘becoming’ a serial killer in real time.

I’m 2 episodes in, it’s so good! The person they’re hunting is an absolute maniac.

1 Like

I wont watch it. I’ve heard the killer’s story before on Sword and Scale, and his main goal was to become famous. The monster shouldn’t have any more screen time than he already has previously and now they made a fucking documentary about him. Its gross

2 Likes

The ironic thing I took away from it was the dangers of internet sleuthing. They had a bunch of guys show up, finger a random guy to be the killer and the guy killed himself. They only got further along because the killer literally told them his name, and even then the killer forgot receipts with his name on them at the crime scene so he would have been identified right away even if the whole internet sleuthing club never existed.

It was an interesting look at the early days of geo tracking and things you’d later see websites like Bellingcat do really well though

If it’s any comfort, I assumed this was a documentary about fucking with cats. Perhaps many others also said lol and didn’t even look at the description.