About Andor, and lesser Star Wars things

The Mandalorian S2E5 means a lot if you watched Star Wars Rebels.

And explains why Ahsoka is looking for Thrawn.

1 Like

Risky just drew my attention to negative posts I made last year that I had completely forgotten. I didnā€™t remember disliking the show that much and watched the first two episodes this season. I disliked them too and stopped watching. I wish a few weeks ago me had remembered what last year me thought. Could have saved me an hour of my life.

Seriously tho, yā€™all do realize this is a childrenā€™s show, right?

3 Likes

I havenā€™t read anything here for reasons you will understand, so if this has been addressed, I apologize.

New threads include spoilers and obviously thatā€™s fine. But when theyā€™ve been extracted they keep the people from the previous thread on ā€œtrackingā€ status.

My point is Iā€™m subscribed to this thread without any action on my part and I want to watch season 2 eventually without being spoiled. Is there anything that can be done to remove people from being subscribed to extracted threads?

Does this not do it, just change the Tracking to Normal or Muted.

1 Like

Thanks but that wasnā€™t my question and tbf itā€™s probably something better suited for the ā€œhelpā€ thread.

I already changed my status. My question was can I not automatically be enrolled in a new thread based on an old one that I participated in.

Gotcha, yeah I donā€™t know about that behavior, Iā€™d guess there may be an admin setting but probably no user override. On balance it probably makes sense to have tracking defaulted to on splits. Best you can do is probably click on the thread and immediately click this guy if you donā€™t want to risk scrolling over spoilers

1 Like

wat, ban yourself plz

5 Likes

I mean, The Old Man and the Sea, the Odyssey, most of the Marvel movies, Star Wars, Frozen, and much of this are all on the same monomyth plot structure, so, given the lack of boobs and blood in all of them, the distinction between childrenā€™ and adultā€™s entertainment is not all that clear here.

Itā€™s Star Wars. You expecting something else?
And itā€™s done well. Good as an encapsulated show. Also filling in gaps in the Star Wars universe story.

In semi-related news, found a good source for the SW: Clone Wars animated series. 20 minute episodes, no commercials. Half way into Season 2 (ep 30 of about 120). Quality is up and down, but is hitting itā€™s stride.

Zikzak obv wirelessbro.

1 Like

Sorry about that Goebs. If thereā€™s a way for me to change that in future threads, Iā€™d be happy to.

Your review was the closest to faint praise we may ever hear from you.

So, like, MrsWookie decided to turn on some random ass CBS laugh track comedies tonight, having basically never seen a one of them before. Hooooooo boy. Iā€™m not sure exactly how high your standards are for TV, but there is a shitload of awful TV out there, and the Mandalorian isnā€™t half this bad.

1 Like

Oh fuck now we got Hallmark Christmas movies up in this bitch. Where is my space fairy tale?

1 Like

I agree. I would much rather watch The Mandalorian than 95% of what else is out there. 12 year old me would have absolutely loved this show. But the writing isnā€™t strong enough for middle aged me to overlook how much of it is tired tropes and lazy plotting. Itā€™s well done for what it is, but it isnā€™t well done enough for it to rise any further than that.

6 Likes

I donā€™t think any of the fans are under any delusions that this is some sort of perfect or historically relevant show, but I think most of the fans would consider being in the 5% as ā€œpretty good and entertaining!ā€ especially considering that much of the rest of Star Wars production since ROTJ has been in the 95%.

Thought I was the only one with this opinion. Though I didnā€™t give the show a fair shot. The first scene was obvious badass walks into a bar, dumb locals threaten the obvious badass for spilling their drink, and surprise, he wrecks them. No twist or commentary just a straight up Mary sue scene from when I was a 13 year old playing d&d.

1 Like

I feel like this post is a clarion call to the Hallmark movie people about what kind of Xmas movie to make next.

1 Like

One thing that annoys me about the show is they donā€™t have Mando disintegrate anything anymore. It was great when he was popping Jawas like bubbles.

The first few episodes are all about taking a bunch of Western tropes and refitting them into the Star Wars setting. Although I think they kind of abandon this most of the way through the first season.

Man, I hated that bit. Jawas are adorable. Incredible action sequence, tho.