The Future Non-Presidency of Ronald Dion DeSantis

Isn’t Trump the guy who had a chance to end a really long war and didn’t? I must be misremembering that

Someone should ask Donald how long he wants his funeral to be

2 Likes

He tried to end it, but the stupid generals wouldn’t listen!

1 Like

Long enough for me to get drunk, sleep it off, then get drunk again.

2 Likes

download

it’s our fault that the public didn’t want taliban at camp david on 9/11 anniversary. otherwise he was ready to sign some sort of peace.

knives out

https://twitter.com/NikkiHaley/status/1651297354228563981

3 Likes

My very poor legal understanding is that courts will generally let governments do what they want with regards to business as long as they have some thing veneer for doing something and never explicitly say why they’re doing it. Maybe that’ll be different with this Supreme Court

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1651276519908556827

I mean, can they sign what appear to be “binding” agreements with businesses and then rip them up whenever they feel like it, though? That seems like easy first-year contracts stuff to me.

bill of attainder | Wex | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute.

I guess I meant in terms of when governments are “targeting” a corporation. The subtext can be yea they’re obviously targeting this company for something but the bill and the wording around it has to be something that could be broadly applicable even if it’s only actually applies to that company or some other small amount of companies along with it, otherwise it runs afoul of due process.

Looks like republicans are going to do the weird thing where they go after the #2 candidate and just let trump waltz to the nomination

That said literally everyone hates Desantis

I’m starting to believe he really did have tears in his eyes begging trump for support.

12 Likes

I asked this before facetiously, but now I’m asking seriously.

If Disney somehow decides to fuck off out of Orlando, does Orlando just die? Is anybody going to be flying 4 hours across the country to partake in Orlando’s amazing mini putt golf or to see baby alligators?

Disney shouldn’t move, but they should shut down for a month for “refurbishment” and let the town die for a month to show how much power they wield in regards to the economy of Orlando and the state.

ETA:

In celebrating its 50-year anniversary, one study estimates that Disney brings $75.2 billion in annual economic impact – along with 463,000 jobs and $5.8 billion in additional state tax revenue.

I think you’re right, but it’s probably even more lax now. They could probably even explicitly say it. This is kind of what happened with the Muslim ban stuff. They have plenty of public statements on record saying they wanted to target Muslims, but when it got to the SC, SC ignored all of that and accepted what bullshit reason they claimed was really behind all of it.

Should be easy to pull the same move here.

Love it. Reopen June 1st, all tickets have rainbows on them.

2 Likes

That would be cool, of course in reality Disney’s primary objective is making money. They are charging $20 right now for a single 2 minute ride on their newest roller coaster Tron and charging $15 for a Costco sized Hot Dog that doesn’t taste as good.

You’re forgetting one important difference vs the Muslim ban…

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/Taniel/status/1651262064940204032

New poll has it Trump over DeSantis 62-16. itsovervince.gif

1 Like