The Future Non-Presidency of Ronald Dion DeSantis

Depends on how rural we’re talking.

If I can be within 30 minutes of Burlington VT, I’m snap taking that over living in the city of Cheyenne WY.

If I’d have to live in Essex County it’s a more difficult call, but only because of job opportunities.

Let’s say, rural enough that no one would consider commuting from the rural area to a city three times a week.

Not defending Jacksonville, just saying Jax >> Orlando for 118th best city in the US!

1 Like

I don’t get why the news needed to point out that he used tax return money to buy the weed. As if it was earmarked for something else or whatever. It’s money, it’s fungible, who cares.

2 Likes

I think I’d rather live in Orlando because of better access to poker in other parts of the state, especially when the Brightline Orlando station opens.

I did look into buying a house near Orlando and using it as a central base to take 2-3 day poker trips in a campervan to all parts of Florida.

That’s dumb, just park your ass wherever the best games are (Jacksonville). All the poker spots are at most a half day drive away from one another on the highway anyway.

1 Like

Damn thought DeSantis pulled out or something.

Nah he has three kids

8 Likes

I thought that was the Ozarks.

They are trying to convince people to increase their deductions and stop giving the government an interest free loan.

Is that something they claim too? I can’t really speak for that area since I have spent zero time there. Whereas I lived in the Florida version for six years and have a little more familiarity with its nicknames.

It appears that way.

1 Like

It’s been a long time, but I went to the Lake of the Ozarks a couple of times in college and my recollection is that it was pretty nice.

Stayed at this place, I think my friend’s dad knew the owner so everything was comped.

1 Like

That seems like a very odd site. The url makes it seem like it is a township page for Ozark, Alabama which is nowhere near the Lake of the Ozarks and is only about a 2 hour drive from those Florida beaches I mentioned. That article also has this quote

The Redneck Riviera, which includes the islands of Destin and its surrounding waters, is home to some of the most beautiful beaches in the world.

I asked a friend that moved to Springfield, MO in 2019 and he hasn’t heard of the Lake of the Ozarks being called that. Maybe some people do call it (or parts of the area) that, but I don’t think it’s common.

1 Like

I have only heard it called that on the Netflix show Ozark. I can’t imagine they just made it up out of thin air.

I just picked that website because it was the first Google hit. I probably should have read it first.

1 Like

J Rawls is from Columbus. Lone Catalysts are underground hip hop legends. “Due Process” is my #1 underground 12" of all time, and I’ve listened to quite a bit. You might also recognize him for producing “Brown Skin Lady” and “Yo Yeah” from Black Star.

Five Deez are from Cincinnati. Also underground legends. Fat Jon is one of the greatest hip hop producers of all time.

1 Like

Walt Disney Co. on Wednesday sued Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis in the latest salvo in a longrunning fight over the company’s self-governing powers in the area that encompasses Walt Disney World Resort.

“A targeted campaign of government retaliation—orchestrated at every step by Governor DeSantis as punishment for Disney’s protected speech—now threatens Disney’s business operations, jeopardizes its economic future in the region, and violates its constitutional rights,” Disney said in a complaint filed in U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida.

DeSantis has made efforts to strip Disney of its special privileges in the former Reedy Creek Improvement District after the company spoke out against Florida’s so-called “Don’t Say Gay” legislation, which last year banned education on sexual orientation and gender identity in kindergarten through third grade. DeSantis is pushing to expand the prohibition to all grades.

DeSantis’ office did not immediately comment on Wednesday.

The lawsuit, seeking an injunction and relief, comes after Florida moved to invalidate changes that Disney attempted last month to preserve its ability to make decisions over the sprawling region that encompasses Disney’s central Florida parks.

“At the Governor’s bidding, the State’s oversight board has purported to “void” publicly noticed and duly agreed development contracts, which had laid the foundation for billions of Disney’s investment dollars and thousands of jobs,” the suit said. “This government action was patently retaliatory, patently anti-business, and patently unconstitutional.”

“But the Governor and his allies have made clear they do not care and will not stop,” Disney said in the lawsuit. “The Governor recently declared that his team would not only “void the development agreement”—just as they did today—but also planned “to look at things like taxes on the hotels,” “tolls on the roads,” “developing some of the property that the district owns” with “more amusement parks,” and even putting a “state prison” next to Walt Disney World.”

Disney said it regretted suing DeSantis and other state leaders.

“But having exhausted efforts to seek a resolution, the Company is left with no choice but to file this lawsuit to protect its cast members, guests, and local development partners from a relentless campaign to weaponize government power against Disney in retaliation for expressing a political viewpoint unpopular with certain State officials,” the suit said.

4 Likes

Ron D fucked around with Disney lawyers and is currently finding out.
Not that I’m a fan of Disney lawyers but this might be a glorious stomping.

Time to dust off my Neal Katyal hoodie

https://twitter.com/dpinsen/status/1651026724417683459

Ron doesn’t have this move in his bag. To be fair, few do. Another reason he has no chance.

Also, Trump seems to dislike funerals. Diamond’s he complained was too long WHILE SPEAKING at it lol.

3 Likes