The Future Non-Presidency of Ronald Dion DeSantis

The implication of at least the post I quoted was that she was going literally alone while her husband and kids were at home. But it sounds like maybe they lived nearby and she was just going for the afternoon or something? Still odd, but not serial killer odd.

Like with the Vegas example, there’s a big difference between girls trip and literally alone. If my wife went to Disney alone I would be concerned for her mental health. If she went to Vegas alone I would definitely wonder who she was shtupping. But also concerned for her mental health.

So where could she go alone without it being weird? Anywhere?

For an actual vacation, like no where? Couples don’t really do separate vacations alone. Going somewhere with friends but not your SO is obviously different and not an issue at all at least in my life, I’m sure it is with some people.

That’s an interesting question, I guess it would depend on the context. I think if my wife was like “I am overwhelmed and need a fucking break from all of this for a weekend, I am driving to Palm Springs” I’d be concerned about her well-being because that would not be like her, but I would not assume she was after some strange.

For what it’s worth, if I announced I was going somewhere literally alone for a weekend my wife would lose her mind, but she has some fear of abandonment issues :slight_smile:

1 Like

“Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Yea, I know, anywhere would be weird. But it just seems unhealthy to me that it’s deemed so weird or taboo to want to/need to spend time by yourself if you’re married or in a serious relationship

Y’all a bunch of miserable old fucks if you can’t find some joy in Disneyland/world.

My wife, my 10 year old daughter and I just got back from Disneyland a few weeks ago and the thought did cross my mind that when my daughter is older and not into Disneyland, it might be a fun trip for just my wife and me. Once you put yourself in the right headspace and set your expectation correctly, I think you can have a great time at Disney. They’re the best at what they do for sure.

I think taking a trip to Disney without your sub-15 year old kid is pretty lame, I could justify it if you were local and went to Disney often and ended up with a date night without the kid and wanted to go hang out at Disney. But traveling to Disney for a once or twice a year vacation without the kid seems strange.

3 Likes

:harold:

3 Likes

Disney does not have “fine dining” it has expensive dining. Similarly it doesn’t have great recreation, it has expensive, mediocre, very crowded recreation. Orlando is the single most soulless city in the entire country. Not to mention you have to spend about 100 hours learning all the tricks for park arrival, fast pass, etc to avoid spending 2 hrs in line for every ride.

2 Likes

What about adults who watch live streams of other adults that are at Disney? Because from what I have seen some of them are really popular. One that shows up on my tiktok feed regularly has 5k plus viewers.

1 Like

Wat

I take this the way I take the homeless situation in LA. As a society, we have failed.

1 Like

Damn I thought live streams of people playing video games was bad :grimacing:

1 Like

As long as the number of trips with the kids is greater than the number without, I say it’s okay.

LOL Dude who lives in Ohio getting snobby about quality of dining and the “soul” of a city like Orlando. Columbus is actually the most soulless city in the states, it’s why they test all the soulless chain restaurants there. And I’ve seen the soul of Cincinnati, it’s chili on spaghetti and crossing the border to KY for disgusting strip clubs

I don’t live in Ohio buddy

nonsense

My mistake, but I still think your comment is over the top snobby and I still think Ohio sucks in case anyone else lives there and wants to shit on Disney

1 Like

Orlando objectively sucks as a city. all of the bad parts of Florida without any of the good.

Florida sucks.

Ohio sucks.

12 Likes