The Future Non-Presidency of Ronald Dion DeSantis

One GOP legislator privately said: “We’re not the party of cancel culture. We can’t keep doing this tit for tat.”

Uhhuhsuccession.gif

1 Like

I went to Dollywood last week for the first time in 15 or so years, and I was impressed with how much they have expanded. They have some serious roller coasters now.

1 Like

One very unexpected result of sobriety was a new fondness for thrill rides. I used to hate them.

1 Like

I just assumed everyone in Florida gets married at Disney World. Is that incorrect?

1 Like

Sunset beach weddings far more popular.

Us native Floridians are required to get married on a jet ski or within a half mile of a Bail Bond shop.

3 Likes

Look, someone found DeSantis’ presidential campaign.

9 Likes

I see multiple people on tiktok who love stream Disney world every day. They get thousands of concurrent views. They literally make a living walking around Disney world all day.

1 Like

I can respect that. Disney is obviously very very good at the theme park game. I am personally not a fan but I see why people would like it. My main point was just that it is idiotic to go after Disney when you literally just got married there not that long ago.

My general take on theme parks is that they are corporate hellscapes. If you have fun there then by all means go. But it seems like a horribly shallow(and probably disgustingly expensive/wasteful) place to get married.

Oh I agree. But desantis is as phony as they come and he has none of the traits that make trump succesful. He is always zigging when he should be zagging. His instincts may be alright in Florida but they clearly fail on a bigger stage. Although I question his long term viability in Florida at this point.

1 Like

I don’t really think that so much a Ron problem as it is a term limits problem. Once he can’t be governor anymore, what is going to do? Challenge Rubio or Scott?

Prior to this debacle, I would have thought he would have crushed Scott (likely being popular enough that he could have worked behind the scenes to get Scott to just step aside). Now he’s likely to be cast into the Santorum/Palin/Christie grifting ring of former governors. Problem for him is he’s not as compelling as them, so he might not even get to be a pundit as often as they are.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/rachaelmbade/status/1649388995674099713?t=aj5muvSWlw35Dj57rE3JOA&s=19

Rubio somehow always crushes (FLA), though.

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1650306224129204224?s=20

LOL, imagine being 8 years old and mom and dad are sending you pics of themselves with Goofy on their vacation.

3 Likes

just got my home insurance bill up 50% yoy in Desantisland and this fucker is going world traveling?

1 Like

Look, we take 6-7 vacations a year, I think its fair if we have one where we don’t take the rugrat.

Man reading the first 10 or 15 posts in that Disney forum thread has me all hot and bothered now, bad idea

2 Likes