The Former Presidency of Donald J. Trump, Volume XI: The Crypt Keeper Years

Eh, I’m in the minority that really doesn’t give a shit about the witness thing. They wanted to get the McCarthy call on the record, then probably realized that Trump’s team was going to make it a complete circus with a parade of irrelevant witnesses and dumb, grandstanding questions lasting weeks, so the House managers were like fine, we’ll just read the Congresswoman’s statement on the Senate floor, make some points about it, and move on. Nobody is changing their vote and they realize that, so just wrap it up.

I mean, I just don’t care. They argued their case perfectly. It wasn’t going to get better.

2 Likes

This shit is not worth caring about you guys. Outside of Twitter people just want to know when they are getting their $1400 and the longer that takes, the worse the Dems look.

8 Likes

There would be a lot more good will and understanding if just one fucking time they told Mitch and the GOP to go fuck themselves, then followed through.

5 Likes

So now would be a good time to (checks senate schedule) go on recess for a week.

5 Likes

team trump witness plan was to troll the ever fuck out of it, bring 1000 people whatever.

some are mad they caved but were we gonna go 6 months of fucking assholes trolling the shit out of the senate? (I’m sure there’s no actual set in stone rules there and they probably really can delay the fuck out of things)

also LOL mitch voted no, well not lol, I bet that so yay

Trump wasn’t going to pay his lawyers to take depositions for 6 months and doubt the lawyers were going to do it for free. Party taking the deposition also has to pay for court reporter and no way the lawyers were going to do that out of their own pocket. It was a complete bluff.

This. Just end this shit as soon as possible. No one outside of this message board and my awesome liberal aunt cares about this trial, at all.

3 Likes

biden’s cabinet is also drastically far behind pace I’d be really mad at this recess if I was POTUS. Like trump tweeting blasting them mad.

Schumer just isn’t cut out for this, you can’t be that type of person facing a bunch of rabid dogs.

every single lawyer knows this by now and yet he always finds someone

if they don’t have to pay upfront, it doesn’t matter

Sweet time for a vacation though, guys. AG Merrick Garland can wait. No rush at all.

And don’t say “they can’t do anything else until impeachment is over, Mitch won’t agree.” Just change the rules like we all know the GOP would.

1 Like

Sure - but different to find someone to spend a few days getting to be on national TV than trying to find someone to do protracted legal work.

Lawyers couldn’t stiff court reporter - if they did, they would likely be disbarred.

But they had the power to exclude as many of those witnesses as they wanted.

fucking fuck if they truly cave. i honestly thought raskin is smarter than that, and hoping he has some other motion to keep witnesses in play.

It was Schumer, likely with a nudge from Biden.

1 Like

Frustrating, but let’s be honest. Dems would’ve ended up finding a way to lose the messaging war with witnesses. They would’ve had to clamp down on GOP troll witnesses. and it would immediately be “why don’t Democrats want to get to the truth?? What do they have to hide?” NYT: After pressing for witnesses, Democrats block appearance of multiple key figures. Etc. etc.

1 Like

So voters were bludgeoned into choosing a safety net cutting war criminal over material aid because they needed to hold the big bad guy accountable.

Then when it came time to hold him accountable, Dems gave up to go on recess. No aid, no accountability

Lol at anyone who votes for a Democrat ever again.

Oh, and the new budget cuts Medicaid. Boomers voted to cut their own Medicaid rofl. Congratulations to everyone who fucked over the poor this year.

And the kids are still in cages

12 Likes

Yea this makes sense. We were never getting 67 to convict. Adding witnesses just delays covid relief and that is Biden’s #1 priority.

Right that’s why the checks aren’t out yet and Congress is going on recess. Real number one priority vibes when we haven’t heard a peep from Biden about working through the recess

@microbet What happened to our protest?

Lawbro coming to terms.

https://mobile.twitter.com/gtconway3d/status/1360659761407131655

1 Like