The DNC 2020

Every time I hear “soul of the nation”

Melania is gonna steal it and make it build back best.

1 Like

This gave me hope that Trump might experience the biggest blowout in American history.

8 Likes

So I missed the speech but because everyone was saying it was good I went back and watched it… and it was pretty good.

4 Likes

Also great Democratic panopticon.

2 Likes

SHAWBALL!

I think the combination of Trump setting the bar at “not senile” and the Democratic Party letting that be the bar, combined with more than 3.5 years of Trump setting the bar at “almost coherent” made Biden’s delivery almost entirely irrelevant. He had no major gaffes, no big senior moments, only a couple small stumbles. So he cleared that bar with ease, and then it was down to content, and damn it Barack Obama still writes one hell of a speech. (That’s my guess, at least.)

1 Like

The afterparty should’ve just been this song on a loop:

Hell, maybe the entire convention.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Mark Hamill is pretty good at Twitter.

https://twitter.com/HamillHimself/status/1296663967595560960

14 Likes

Can’t wait for the RNC after party.

"Hey it’s me, the guy on Youtube that yelled at a minimum wage worker for wearing a mask. That’s right, now you recognize me. I’ll be your DJ tonight.

5 Likes

Man remember when we thought Boehner was crazy? Good lord.

9 Likes

Have Republicans started yet on how they believe the speech was taped and took 20 takes?

2 Likes

EVERYBODY TAKE YOUR MOTHERFUCKING MASKS OFF AND GET ON THE DANCE FLOOR!!!

Half the crowd, led by Steve Bannon, starts drinking heavily.

Half pull out their guns and start shooting.

Well why else did it take 4 days for Biden to speak? If he was that good, he would have spoken Monday.

2 Likes

I’ve gotta say, this is the first time I’ve felt truly hopeful about this election and our future as a country in a long time.

Step 1: Win
Step 2: Get out of the woods with this pandemic and start the economic recovery. Pass HR1, and anything else is gravy.
Step 3: Primary the fuck out of the eDems in 2022.
Step 4: ??
Step 5: TPMM

3 Likes

They have; the mask thing is to set an example to viewers.

3 Likes

Watching the after party. Hey there’s Michelle Kwan I had such a crush on her… watches her segment…and I still have a crush on her.

2 Likes

Calling Biden senile is ableist bullshit and hearing it from the left really pisses me off. We’re supposed to be the compassionate side. I’ve mentioned this before, but I’ll admit, I should have called it out more.

However, it was super fun to see so many of you realizing it in real time during his speech. Also thanks to Brayden Harrington for humanizing stuttering in such a brave way.

16 Likes

DJing a political event must be barely one step above a discount wedding and one step below a Mormon dance.

1 Like