The Crypto Thread

mf said care deeply about to alexander wice

3 Likes
4 Likes

https://twitter.com/AWice/status/1407574121966280708

awice is never wrong so it’ll go straight up from here

2 Likes

If this is a dip recovery look for the laggards. Some coins have already bounced back their 20-30% but notice that some are just 10%-20% from their lows yesterday… If btc holds they’re probably good spots.

Like MTL is a scam coin but you’re telling me moron traders aren’t going to like it here at ~$1.15 when everything else has already significantly rebounded? Maybe.

We need follow up articles on this guy until he hits his $10M goal or $0

1 Like

Awice retiring from twitter, seems to be okay mentally, hope things work out okay for him.

They will become good spots when the degens with access to money get bored with the crypto and remove it to put it back into hookers and blow. This is a timeline of months, fwiw. This isn’t hard.

Have fun waiting for the next supercycle. I’ll be over here droppin free alpha with coins that went up 15% so far overnight ;)

Mistiming the big dip totally made me lose my mojo I think. Staring at free money pass me buy while I unload my bags at the bottom (not my bottom but the local bottoms).

Ok, that second sentence is an exaggeration but the first totally isn’t.

Made a sale for a coin when bitcoin was at 33k, put in a rebuy for 1.5% lower. It would’ve ordinarily been a terrible spot but we’re in the phase of the BTC/x ratios dipping when when bitcoin dips. And I knew bitcoin was going to dip. Sure enough, it dipped to 32.2k. Every other coin I looked at, the ratio dipped, except mine. It’s literally the fucking Bogdanoff meme.

It’s tough making money when everything is suicide coaster’ing down 80% from its highs, but moving mostly into fiat when everything is calm and buying small chunks after every horrible news drop is my current strat. Biggest risks are not waiting for enough blood on the streets (buying this massive drop at -15% would have resulted in a further -20%) and/or missing the big bull trends sitting on fiat.

I don’t really fuck with leverage or 1.5% dips, honestly.

Exactly, that’s my strat too. Most of my posts ITT from months ago complaining (I know people joke but they can read graphs) are about selling stuff too early, selling the 5x pump and seeing it go 10x, etc. My problem has been not being greedy enough!

When I posted my “portfolio” in February (I use “portfolio” loosely because a lot of that was only held for a little while) people could’ve made massively if they copied it speculatively held. I mentioned that I sold DOGE at 10x, I had no plan or interest in holding it past that (and I don’t kick myself over that at all… I mean, let’s get real) because that’s obviously how people get rekt. So if I’m mentally out of the zone in buying dips I might have to just take a break. I have little interest in chasing momentum.

Yeah, it’s mentally thrown me off so hard messing that one up, the May 19th one. I choked the game winning shot but the team didn’t lose, we’re just in overtime… Or something lol.

I’m not gonna bore anybody with graphs but this is a trade I’d normally never do. It was trading an alt/btc market and was at the bottom of a microdip, but for the past month the ratio keeps dipping if btc does; it’s not panic-selling because there’s a rebuy plan, but it’s the reverse of chasing a pump and is generally stupid. But btc did dip more, and every other coin ratio did dip more (the few dozen I looked at)… except the one I sold lol.

Lol how’d that post get so long…

I mean, I started trading in 2018 post-crash playing dead cat bounces. I don’t really know what I’m doing in regards to things pumping 100x lol. Up until a few weeks ago I’ve been praying for dips and the only reason I haven’t expressed that more is it’s a touch uncouth to tapdance in a thread with a lot of buy-and-hodlers.

“BTC went parabolic down 10%, high fives bros!”

Lol, let’s be miserable together,

and look at one for old times’ sake.

Feb3:

I bought here at $0.0007, not a typo:

Sold here for like 30% in two days:

Then bought again at 0.0006 and sold at 0.00125 for 100% in another week:

How much higher do we think it’d could go?

Ok, well, it can’t go that much higher right?

Hm. Really went parabolic there, but overall we didn’t miss out on that much…

Now that’s just absurd, maybe we should’ve looked for another reentry? Too late now though but that’s the way it goes sometimes. This thing is probably done…

Sure. Why not.

1 Like

You’re spending an awful lot of time thinking about that time you folded J3 pre and the board flopped JJ3.

Do you really think so or were you just reaching to interject something shitty after my funny story?

The better poker analogy would be that I don’t spend enough time thinking about defending J3 from the BB in an ante game, and still don’t, but lol, when fucking assholes decide to be fucking assholes it’s not like they put a awful lot of thought into it or anything.

He’s half right. It’s not quite as common as a bad beat story because not everyone was in that position… but plenty of people have a similar story. Trading BTC for pizza. XVG. DENT. Whatever. This is why 70 iq DOGE bro up there made a million while 130 iq scalpers made 5x this year.

He’s also right that it’s mostly moot (unless you learned a lesson from it). So the question is: what did you learn from HOT? That you should trust yourself more? That momentum is real? That you just got lucky during a massive bull run? That retail droolers all ape into the cheapest tokens (HOT, DENT) during those runs, giving disproportionate returns on pure garbage?