The Crypto Thread

Awice at least has some receipts that he has had success. Awval is a pitiful failure by every metric.

1 Like

In general maybe, but lol, I donā€™t specifically because I havenā€™t really shared all the craziness. And that wasnā€™t due to assuming people wouldnā€™t have sympathy, it was because when I started peopleā€™s eyes glazed over having to read words and graphs. My sob story requires a powerpoint presentation.

In general though, lol, thanks, but considering how poorly it went last time Iā€™m done with that. I assumed an analogy like ā€œok, say, you wait years to get invited to The Big Game but then you run really bad and then subsequently play bad and only win a couple medium pots when there were millions at the tableā€ would go over well but eh.

Maybe a better analogy would be the classic Bog video, except I didnā€™t lose money nor dieā€¦ which might make it seem like itā€™s a bad analogy, but Iā€™m referring to the deteriorating mental health,

and I wouldā€™ve never thought I had to justify disintegrating mental health with a dollar value.

You got till eod Thursday

1 Like

Wasnā€™t he a comfy middle-class pharmacist? Seems like an okay life.

The other super weird part is Iā€™ve told people about my rapidly waning mental health and theyā€™ve said ā€œwell just stop doing itā€ and when I say that normal people donā€™t get to quit their money-making endeavors, like, theyā€™re jobs, or even really call in sick that much, Iā€™m seen as the weird one.

2 Likes

We can make it a game, starting simple. If you have take the 100 biggest coins, what would be your odds in picking the worst performing one? (I just realized this is a slight trick question but Iā€™ll leave it phrased as is)

Well failure for a white guy. Tough to fail that badly.

awice is top notch at programming interview questions:

1842 problems solved is impressive.

You havent heard of the great resignation then?

Turns out you can simply quit your job.

wow manā€¦

i knew you didnā€™t like me anymore but holy sheeeit

He panic sold stocks in March 2020 right at the bottom. I donā€™t know if that makes you feel better, but it sure warms my heart.

Mostly a joke bud. I get what youā€™re saying. And in caring about your mental health, in addition to seeing a professional, it should be something that is at least on your radar. What are your monthly expenses/income? How much do you have in savings? If you cashed out now, where would you be?

Come on now.

Itā€™s all good, my bad, your post was open to interpretation and I picked an uncharitable interpretation.

Iā€™m actively trading these so I donā€™t really look at it like that; I mean, I bought and sold bitcoin 3 times this morning already. But basically, a series of events that started with me selling bitcoin to bet on the election and having all that money tied up while bitcoin rocketed up faster than anybody thought, started a snowball that led to a series of, in hindsight, ever so slight misplaying of hands which left my V far far lower than my EV.

But, I donā€™t know if you missed the ā€œbuying housesā€ series of posts but itā€™s not really about me. I live my life like Iā€™m going to be dead in 6 months and Iā€™m still alive so, so far, so good, but this money was going to other people. A few months ago I set it up so if I die my sister and my bff can get access to my crypto stuff.

Zero. Or not, again itā€™s kinda tied to the above, in that I have a poker and crypto bankroll which Iā€™ve never figured out, all these years, if that should be called a savings. The entirety of it went into crypto last year when I stopped playing poker. And youā€™re not a fan of the cryptos so you probably wouldnā€™t classify it as savings.

Cheap, Iā€™m not a real adult by any means. But also no income aside from crypto trading; itā€™s not an analogy calling it a seasonal job, itā€™s fairly literal. The only thing Iā€™m probably truly qualified to do other than play poker is what I was doing prepandemic, audio mixing engineering, but aside from that always being a passionate starving artist thing, Iā€™m slowly going deaf in one ear so that kinda sorta really sucks, and Iā€™m trying not to think about it. Gave myself a hearing test the other day, probably a mistake.

But yeah, I wanted some people I care about to have to worry less about money and I donā€™t think Iā€™m going to be able to do that to nearly the extent I thought, after waiting years for the market cycle to happen; aside from that, gambling for a living is just stressful. But whatev, Iā€™m probably gonna be dead in six months.

I had a friend do this but with a huge tournament score instead. Money is all gone as well.

Like, for reals?

Lol that original tweet is exactly what I was talking about, Awice had bitcoin since at least 2016, he didnā€™t ā€œloseā€ anything even if he didnā€™t sell/short the top.

https://twitter.com/PepeXBT/status/1406578169847685120

Well, that was a reference to me saying this earlier in that post,

but, yeah, basically. I donā€™t have a spouse or children or family or even a pet; planning and expecting good things ahead is necessary with those types of responsibilities but is otherwise mentally disastrous. Every time I wake up and my laptop turns on I marvel at the age of miracle and wonder Iā€™m living in.

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/brandonjreimer/status/1406736289475403778