In general maybe, but lol, I don’t specifically because I haven’t really shared all the craziness. And that wasn’t due to assuming people wouldn’t have sympathy, it was because when I started people’s eyes glazed over having to read words and graphs. My sob story requires a powerpoint presentation.
In general though, lol, thanks, but considering how poorly it went last time I’m done with that. I assumed an analogy like “ok, say, you wait years to get invited to The Big Game but then you run really bad and then subsequently play bad and only win a couple medium pots when there were millions at the table” would go over well but eh.
Maybe a better analogy would be the classic Bog video, except I didn’t lose money nor die… which might make it seem like it’s a bad analogy, but I’m referring to the deteriorating mental health,
and I would’ve never thought I had to justify disintegrating mental health with a dollar value.
The other super weird part is I’ve told people about my rapidly waning mental health and they’ve said “well just stop doing it” and when I say that normal people don’t get to quit their money-making endeavors, like, they’re jobs, or even really call in sick that much, I’m seen as the weird one.
We can make it a game, starting simple. If you have take the 100 biggest coins, what would be your odds in picking the worst performing one? (I just realized this is a slight trick question but I’ll leave it phrased as is)
Mostly a joke bud. I get what you’re saying. And in caring about your mental health, in addition to seeing a professional, it should be something that is at least on your radar. What are your monthly expenses/income? How much do you have in savings? If you cashed out now, where would you be?
It’s all good, my bad, your post was open to interpretation and I picked an uncharitable interpretation.
I’m actively trading these so I don’t really look at it like that; I mean, I bought and sold bitcoin 3 times this morning already. But basically, a series of events that started with me selling bitcoin to bet on the election and having all that money tied up while bitcoin rocketed up faster than anybody thought, started a snowball that led to a series of, in hindsight, ever so slight misplaying of hands which left my V far far lower than my EV.
But, I don’t know if you missed the “buying houses” series of posts but it’s not really about me. I live my life like I’m going to be dead in 6 months and I’m still alive so, so far, so good, but this money was going to other people. A few months ago I set it up so if I die my sister and my bff can get access to my crypto stuff.
Zero. Or not, again it’s kinda tied to the above, in that I have a poker and crypto bankroll which I’ve never figured out, all these years, if that should be called a savings. The entirety of it went into crypto last year when I stopped playing poker. And you’re not a fan of the cryptos so you probably wouldn’t classify it as savings.
Cheap, I’m not a real adult by any means. But also no income aside from crypto trading; it’s not an analogy calling it a seasonal job, it’s fairly literal. The only thing I’m probably truly qualified to do other than play poker is what I was doing prepandemic, audio mixing engineering, but aside from that always being a passionate starving artist thing, I’m slowly going deaf in one ear so that kinda sorta really sucks, and I’m trying not to think about it. Gave myself a hearing test the other day, probably a mistake.
But yeah, I wanted some people I care about to have to worry less about money and I don’t think I’m going to be able to do that to nearly the extent I thought, after waiting years for the market cycle to happen; aside from that, gambling for a living is just stressful. But whatev, I’m probably gonna be dead in six months.
Lol that original tweet is exactly what I was talking about, Awice had bitcoin since at least 2016, he didn’t “lose” anything even if he didn’t sell/short the top.
Well, that was a reference to me saying this earlier in that post,
but, yeah, basically. I don’t have a spouse or children or family or even a pet; planning and expecting good things ahead is necessary with those types of responsibilities but is otherwise mentally disastrous. Every time I wake up and my laptop turns on I marvel at the age of miracle and wonder I’m living in.