The Crypto Thread

although buying bitcoin right now for a couple days seems pretty strong.

nm not as much anymore

2 Likes

Bitcoin down more than 50% since I bought more a few months ago. I am such a good investor!

1 Like

BTC going down slower than everything else, will probably go back up slower too.

In a huge reversal, mega-bull Awice was actually short crypto as of a couple of days ago. That guy sure is lucky!

10 Likes

Heā€™s just tweeting every side at this point. Really feeling culty. At least the receipts are online for people to do their own research. (Narrator: they didnā€™t)

Catching falling knives here.

Says he lost nine figures, which is probably bullshit:

https://twitter.com/awice/status/1406688655528189953?s=21

Itā€™s too bad. He binged like hundreds of thousands of dollars off the 2016 election and shoved it all into BTC at just the right time. Dude could have cashed out with millions at a young age if heā€™d played it safe.

When trump gets back in he will make it all back with those sweet sweet tax cuts.

of course he cashed out millions

Btw, going forward, any time Iā€™m thinking about panic selling or FOMOing I will alert the thread. It takes a lot for me to get there and itā€™s actually been a foolproof indicator of a reversal, even more so the past month.

I donā€™t think heā€™s an actual fan of Trumpā€™s policies, just the memes. Mostly apolitical afaict.

I did always respect how he quietly cashed out and didnā€™t brag at us once; baller way to win imo.

1 Like

Itā€™s probably a grift to get donations that anybody would think otherwise.

With all the people who buy the top and lose money itā€™s easy to overlook that there are plenty of people saying they ā€œlostā€ money meaning their account balance is down x from the peak. Invest one dollar, it goes to one million, then to five hundred thousandā€¦ They ā€œlostā€ five hundred thousand. Most probably say this because theyā€™re dumb but a non-zero amount want pity in the form of donations.

I mean, lol, I shouldā€™ve lied to get sympathy here. I think Iā€™m worthy of it (well, I didnā€™t tell the full story yet) but for all the left politics people still really just think in $$.

ā€œSoā€¦ You didnā€™t actually lose moneyā€¦ I donā€™t understand thenā€¦ Youā€™re saying there are emotions tied to other things?ā€

1 Like

You got my sympathy 6ix

Am I confused? I thought he was the pharmacist dude who loved trump?

thatā€™s Awval

1 Like

and typing it now i see the confusion lol: Awval, Awice

1 Like

Lol me. I totally had them as the same person in my brain.

Nah thatā€™s a different guy. Wice is like a massive multitabling poker guy who lives somewhere in SE Asia.

1 Like

I even remember listening to a podcast with Awice talking about crypto and all I could think was what a trumpkin scum he was and barely paid attention! :grin: