The Crypto Thread

only thing it’s innovated so far is made everything significantly dumber

and a ton of people got rich who are inexplicably even worse people than wall street

3 Likes

sorta, mostly i only sell to decrease my overall position if I have too much of it, and buy to increase my position if I don’t have enough. basically my buy/sell are more anchored to my cumulative performance of all my investments and % of my networth in said assets. Usually that works out to mean selling while the price is going up, since I’m decreasing my position to rebalance my overall portfolio of stonks/crypto/cash

1 Like

fees on which thing?

Yeah, if you don’t have a ton just keep it on coinbase, saves on transfer fees and gives you easy access if you want to sell quickly.

1 Like

So. Dogecoin is now the third biggest cryptocurrency in the world (excluding tether).

The flash crashes are so much easier to trade. This three day grind back down to the crash’s low feels more gentle but is just as vicious on the balance and much harder to profit off of.

Big Q whether we bounce exactly where/when we did last time.

It’s crazy how those whales are making everybody wake up and see the overnight prices and panic sell the dip. Those darn whales.

The US morning dip was a predictable pattern a few years ago. E2Ey3-AWQAAINLe

3 Likes

6 Likes

Bitcoin had actually stabilized and started to recover, and subsequently alts, and around 7am CST I had the crazy thought that the west coast was about to start to wake up and just see a -x% in bright red and panic sell.

tl;dr the whales did it

it means he’s stuffing dogecoins in his buuhole

I figure Bitcoin is more likely to be replaced than hit that at this point.

Bought the dip

I have saved crypto

6 Likes

What continually amazes me about crypto markets is that they’re like being involved with in a prisoner’s dilemma with the absolute most braindead people alive. Total fucking eggplants.

Like, the best way to get people jazzed up and euphoric is to not crash your own market. You want people getting jazzed up. Every time I’ve gotten heavy into trading, three seasons now, I can’t help but get a little swept up in the HODL 2 MOON excitement. My plan doesn’t revolve around going to sleep and having some shit rocket up 350%, but it’s nice to keep in the back of your mind! Now I’m back to having orders and stops all over the place and doing what they think whales are doing to ‘manipulate’ the market.

good job

lol

https://twitter.com/BTCTN/status/1396460521109475334

“it”

1 Like

I’m sure JPMcoin will offer all of the fun and adventurousness that’s demanded by crytpocurriency enthusiasts and will make it their top priority to ensure folks that all transactions remain anonymous outside of JPMorgan.

If your hold times are short, you’ll have success selling when prices feel they are about to stabilize or are stabilizing and buy at moments when prices feel they are about to, or are just beginning to crash. Bottoms always feel like it was just the beginning until they snap back at that moment in time.

If you’re hold times are long, buy when folks start posting about who is to blame for getting me to buy shit coin and who should go to jail.

1 Like

While holding large amounts of crypto on an exchange isn’t a great idea, getting immediately juiced for 9% is awful and if coinbase got hacked, crypto would have a terrible day regardless.

I don’t know what normal coinbase fees are now, but using pro would have saved you a couple % at least and I think that pro will juice you less on the transfer fees too. You can also hold on the exchange until a time when transfer fees are low.

Hey guys, I found the future of money. You’ll never know how much it will cost you to actually USE the money, and it’s possible it can lose 20% of its value in hours, and it may take you multiple hours to actually use it to do what you want…

But the future of money!

5 Likes