The Crypto Thread

It might’ve been going to edit and not editing over the previous phrasing, but now I mainly think it might’ve been just multitasking while trying to pick the phrasing. This used to happen on 22 way back when I’d be playing and posting at the same time; posts were a mess.

ok I still haven’t gotten used to this happening:

goddamn crypto markets making logical mathematical sense what the shit is this

1 Like
3 Likes

DOGE a single 10% gain from here to reach top 10 marketcap of all cryptos.

If it reaches ~20cents it will be the #3 crypto behind BTC and ETH in terms of marketcap.

Memes.

Edit - its market cap at 8B is ~2 GameStops. Lol

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1358542364948668418?s=19

Lol. Doge at 8c

Holy shit, I just doubled my investment. Do I sell or do I HODL?!?!?

Need an answer now! I’ve almost made back all the money I lost on LMFA and AMC.

Roll a die IMO
6 = sell all
1 = sell 50%
2-4 = sell 75%

I really can’t fathom it eclipsing 25c, at least not without dumping back down for a while

1 Like

Like, there is a limit that this thing could possibly reach because there are so damned many coins, right? I can’t imagine it could ever go above like 20 cents a coin and even that would be ridiculous, or am I wrong?

So limit sell order at 20 cents? Lol.

There is no limit if everyone HODLs.

Even if it hit 20c then it would be the third most valuable cryptocurrency in terms of market cap. That would be complete lunacy, even though I view a lot of the non-BTC non-ETH stuff as pure crap, DOGE is just a meme coin so it has no business being worth more than something like Chainlink. However this pump isn’t driven by any sort of fundamentals at all, it’s all network effect like GME. So taking that into account, there’s really no limit to how high it could go. But perhaps take some profits here since 8c was the previous top

1 Like

I’ve still got a bunch of XLM from the crypto mania a few years ago. I haven’t done any recent research to see if it’s even worth holding, but it sure would be nice if XLM got a pump instead of literally useless coins like doge.

I read that as XRP at first and was like uhhh isn’t SEC suing them haha. XLM if i remember was a competitor to XRP so XRP going down maybe good for XLM?

Yea I think it benefited a bit from that, though I just checked and it looks like XRP still has >2x the market cap of XLM, so [shrug emoji] who knows. I remember there being some IBM usecase that had hype a few years ago, wonder if that ever became a thing

I would sell jman

I am not a financial advisor

AFAIK this is gonna be the first opportunity for people to short Etherum on a non-crypto-exchange platform. When they opened up for Bitcoin it was towards the end of the 2018 bullmarket and some people think that’s what caused the price to drop so much.

“The listing of CME bitcoin futures coincided with all-time highs in bitcoin prices, and researchers at the San Francisco Fed suggested that, by providing a market where bearish positions could be more readily expressed, the listing of these futures contributed to the reversal of bitcoin price dynamics,” JPMorgan analysts led by Nikolaos Panigirtzoglou said in an note last week.

Some people are expecting the futures listing to be short-term bearish, long-term bullish. I don’t really trade crypto so I have no clue what will happen. I’m more of just long term buy & hold, take some profits if price goes up a lot.

1 Like

I sold at 8 and now it’s down to 7.6 so I feel like a true man of genius.

2 Likes

Pure gambling. So long as you are ok with that, fine to own.

2 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1358584801003884544?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet