This is totally spot on. Over the last 2 years I’ve owned some the range of what its been worth based on my investment has been anywhere between 23.5% and 400+%
The moderators of this message board, otatop, L.Washington, WichitaDM, Yuv, JonnyA, RiskyFlush, and SvenO, are cowards who let abusers dox and harrass other long time posters.
wat
i knew this thread would get good
Story?
The moderators of this message board, otatop, L.Washington, WichitaDM, Yuv, JonnyA, RiskyFlush, and SvenO, are cowards who let abusers dox and harrass other long time posters.
[coughs]
you paper handed sonofabitch
Lol, DOGE is one of the few actually used as currency (no, srsly, XEM is another one) but that’s a reason why it isn’t a good buy-and-hold store-of-value go-to-the-moon choice.
This is why I continue to be skeptical of bitcoin in the long run. Like, everything else we have used as a proxy for value in human history has actually had some fucking use. (Ie, gold and silver can make pretty things, and more recently, are used in tech). Bitcoin is literally useless for anything except being worth money. It’s useless as a currency because it’s so fucking volatile.
The moderators of this message board, otatop, L.Washington, WichitaDM, Yuv, JonnyA, RiskyFlush, and SvenO, are cowards who let abusers dox and harrass other long time posters.
Sort of, but the argument is that the technology itself, the immutability of the ledger, is the value.
Like, with bitcoin as gold, the Nazis can’t kill your family and then add insult to injury by stealing your family’s gold and hiding it in Switzerland, because the entire rest of the world by default will say, ok, that gold is now worthless. Every single fleck and speck of it is turned to lead until it is ‘returned’ to its rightful owner (and ‘returned’ is in quotes because due to the immutability that analogy doesn’t even work; it can’t be stolen in the first place).
Pure gambling. So long as you are ok with that, fine to own.
Here’s the thing: In hindsight I think you made a very good bet. I think what you mean by ‘pure gambling’ is that the price isn’t tied to traditional stock market indicators. But it is tied to something, and lol, the something in this case was “Will dumbass Elon keep tweeting about DOGE?” with the corollary “Will these dumb mfs follow this dumbass again?”
I said no. I sold my dog coins during the first Elon pump after buying them for fractions of a penny awhile back, and put in another buy order back down at fractions of a penny. You said yes, and in hindsight you were obviously right. We know that dumb mf attention span isn’t that short, and his cult will strap themselves to a SpaceXXX rocket and fire themselves into the sun if he told them to.
However, it can be lost and forever unrecoverable if you lose your private keys.
Well sure, but I’d rather die with my bitcoins than have the Nazis get their Nazi hands on them.
rip doge
Ok, this is too much. I can handle anything and everything save for him pretending like he has a real job.
Just bought my first coins that I intend to keep as an investment for a year or two.
I’m hoping etherum is the right move.
Planning on buying 2 total coins over the coming weeks.
Wise move or not?
I don’t really trade crypto so I have no clue what will happen. I’m more of just long term buy & hold, take some profits if price goes up a lot.
Basically, on the scale of diamond hands to paper hands, you want to lean closer to paper hands. I myself have aluminum foil hands, but that’s only because I actively trade this shit. If I sell at +5% it’s because I’m buying back when it goes -3%. And if never dips again that much then godspeed little coin, caviar wishes and champagne dreams wherever your travels may take you.
Like here’s a recent one below, I don’t even know wtf NEAR Protocol is, I just got in because I happened to be looking at the right time when the chart looked perfect:
Bought at the red and sold at the blue, and after the second sell it shot up another 20%, and if it goes up another 10000% then hats off, good for whomever bought my sell order. If NEAR Protocol becomes sentient and rules the world plz don’t Roko’s Basilisk me.
So, have stronger hands than that… but not by much. Like, tin can hands maybe.
no it’s ok Binance I know, servers are expensive and you’re barely scraping by with your billions
https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1358758259130302470?s=20
TESLA - EXPECT TO BEGIN ACCEPTING BITCOIN AS A FORM OF PAYMENT FOR PRODUCTS IN NEAR FUTURE, SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAWS & INITIALLY ON A LIMITED BASIS
TESLA - MAY INVEST PORTION OF CASH IN SOME ALTERNATIVE RESERVE ASSETS INCLUDING DIGITAL ASSETS, GOLD BULLION, GOLD EXCHANGE-TRADED FUNDS IN FUTURE
ok so elon musk is probably the antichrist right?
Bitcoin over £31k Jfc. Fucking £8K ish in October arghhhhhhhhhh.
Kills me when I look at my last bitcoin transaction from Wednesday and see it has grown by ~£200. Not going to scan down the wallet any further, hurts too much
What were the transactions for, if you dont mind my asking?
