The Crypto Thread

This is totally spot on. Over the last 2 years I’ve owned some the range of what its been worth based on my investment has been anywhere between 23.5% and 400+%

1 Like

Please don’t use Coinbase, I literally had to make coinbasestolemymoney.com to get them to follow their own rules and cash me out (which worked btw and I took it down).

wat

i knew this thread would get good

Story?

They changed their terms of service and instantly locked my account, saying that I (and everyone else) needed to send them the front and back of my government ID and a selfie in order to get it unlocked, but their website said if I didn’t want to do that I can just close my account/get my crypto sold and the USD shipped to me.

I emailed support and said I wanted to do just that, they refused to listen to my emails at all i.e. couldn’t even get past level 1 support, and after like 2 months and 15 emails of them sending me form letters in response, I bought the domain for $9, spent 2 hours to make a SEO-friendly website, told them I was going to put it up.

24 hours later nothing, put it up, tweeted something at the 5ish board members, and literally within hours my account was magically unlocked and I got my shit out, no further emails no apology.

Good times had by all.

12 Likes

[coughs]

you paper handed sonofabitch

2 Likes

Lol, DOGE is one of the few actually used as currency (no, srsly, XEM is another one) but that’s a reason why it isn’t a good buy-and-hold store-of-value go-to-the-moon choice.

This is why I continue to be skeptical of bitcoin in the long run. Like, everything else we have used as a proxy for value in human history has actually had some fucking use. (Ie, gold and silver can make pretty things, and more recently, are used in tech). Bitcoin is literally useless for anything except being worth money. It’s useless as a currency because it’s so fucking volatile.

oh yeah, this will always be my favorite part of this saga, in my FAQ

How can I contact you?

If you are an employee of disreputable Coinbase Inc and want to resolve this issue, you can email me at the address you have for me on file. However, you will need to follow CoinbaseStoleMyMoney.com's terms of use (found below):

Any email contact to CoinbaseStoleMyMoney's administrator requires that the sender attaches a photo of a) their government ID and b) a selfie. Otherwise, you know, your email could be insecure. Or something. Fuck you.
6 Likes

Sort of, but the argument is that the technology itself, the immutability of the ledger, is the value.

Like, with bitcoin as gold, the Nazis can’t kill your family and then add insult to injury by stealing your family’s gold and hiding it in Switzerland, because the entire rest of the world by default will say, ok, that gold is now worthless. Every single fleck and speck of it is turned to lead until it is ‘returned’ to its rightful owner (and ‘returned’ is in quotes because due to the immutability that analogy doesn’t even work; it can’t be stolen in the first place).

rip doge

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1358658587644596224

1 Like

Here’s the thing: In hindsight I think you made a very good bet. I think what you mean by ‘pure gambling’ is that the price isn’t tied to traditional stock market indicators. But it is tied to something, and lol, the something in this case was “Will dumbass Elon keep tweeting about DOGE?” with the corollary “Will these dumb mfs follow this dumbass again?”

I said no. I sold my dog coins during the first Elon pump after buying them for fractions of a penny awhile back, and put in another buy order back down at fractions of a penny. You said yes, and in hindsight you were obviously right. We know that dumb mf attention span isn’t that short, and his cult will strap themselves to a SpaceXXX rocket and fire themselves into the sun if he told them to.

2 Likes

However, it can be lost and forever unrecoverable if you lose your private keys.

Well sure, but I’d rather die with my bitcoins than have the Nazis get their Nazi hands on them.

1 Like

Ok, this is too much. I can handle anything and everything save for him pretending like he has a real job.

Basically, on the scale of diamond hands to paper hands, you want to lean closer to paper hands. I myself have aluminum foil hands, but that’s only because I actively trade this shit. If I sell at +5% it’s because I’m buying back when it goes -3%. And if never dips again that much then godspeed little coin, caviar wishes and champagne dreams wherever your travels may take you.

Like here’s a recent one below, I don’t even know wtf NEAR Protocol is, I just got in because I happened to be looking at the right time when the chart looked perfect:

Bought at the red and sold at the blue, and after the second sell it shot up another 20%, and if it goes up another 10000% then hats off, good for whomever bought my sell order. If NEAR Protocol becomes sentient and rules the world plz don’t Roko’s Basilisk me.

So, have stronger hands than that… but not by much. Like, tin can hands maybe.

1 Like

no it’s ok Binance I know, servers are expensive and you’re barely scraping by with your billions

https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1358758259130302470?s=20

TESLA - EXPECT TO BEGIN ACCEPTING BITCOIN AS A FORM OF PAYMENT FOR PRODUCTS IN NEAR FUTURE, SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAWS & INITIALLY ON A LIMITED BASIS

TESLA - MAY INVEST PORTION OF CASH IN SOME ALTERNATIVE RESERVE ASSETS INCLUDING DIGITAL ASSETS, GOLD BULLION, GOLD EXCHANGE-TRADED FUNDS IN FUTURE

1 Like

ok so elon musk is probably the antichrist right?

What were the transactions for, if you dont mind my asking?