The Crypto Thread

Ain’t nobody “into” Binance.

2 Likes

Exactly! We could have just all shaken our heads about Binance. We had a perfectly civil discussion about the hack that made $35M go poof. No one got all bent out of shape about that.

This is my post that started it all, about Binance handing over data, and also two really questionable choices of marketing materials, no other comments:

<<<>>>
https://twitter.com/KevinRothrock/status/1517503830715420672

Also what the fuck?

https://twitter.com/xovemnormie/status/1517516605361635331

https://twitter.com/nftshare/status/1516719399545315328
<<<>>>

That was the whole post. I seriously had no intention of causing a shit storm. It was a thing I read about crypto. So I brought it to this thread. I knew this thread wasn’t nuts about exchanges to begin with.

But then bj came in with “don’t fund terrorists bro ¯\(ツ)/¯” and we were off to the races (which is largely on me I admit, but still it’s an incredibly shitty position to take). The whole conversation could have easily gone, “yeah Binance sucks” instead.

Also are Binance actual nazis?

I’m into Binance. They have lots of sweet staking options.

I guess I don’t get how the worlds biggest crypto exchange being shady as fuck isn’t more of a concern for the crypto fans. Yes, yes, I know those of you who have been crypto hobbyists for years will tell me there are a jillion other tools out there and he made rookie mistakes, but surely it’s a critical issue if guys like Navalny and his donors can’t reliably use crypto without getting burned? All these “lol, noob” reactions seem to be dismissing a rather critical UI issue.

An exchange requiring kyc is shady?

1 Like

They are if you say it enough times. Their shadiness is limited only by your imagination.

You guys need to make up your minds if you don’t like Binance, or you want to defend Binance. Or at least argue amongst yourselves until you work it out.

And seriously - is no one ever going to acknowledge the “oops swastika” emoji and the Star of David thing with the word GAS prominently featured? Just accidents?

An exchange handing over Navalny donors to the FSB is pretty fucking shady. And re-read my above post before you explain how he should have used these other crypto tools instead of Binance.

I don’t think any crypto discorder ITT cares about anything other than making free money on crypto and NFTs. Try not to overthink it.

1 Like

Some of them seem to care whether a handful of layperson boardmates here view it as not actually free money due to social costs or whatever

If I buy a picture of a cat for $100 and sell it for $300 5 minutes later, that is free money.

This is bi erasure

4 Likes

See?

2 Likes

Imagine if some R leaning person came into this forum every once in a while and only posted stuff to trash liberals, but also said they were open to an honest discussion, what do you think the reaction would be? An honest discussion?!

2 Likes

Weird. Binance isn’t crypto.

It’d be like screaming that “dollars are bad and evil and serve no purpose but scams*” when Wells Fargo did all that shady shit opening up accounts for people. Nobody said that. We all just said that Wells Fargo sucks.

*I understand an argument can be made that dollars are bad.

So in this analogy, y’all believe in crypto the way you believe in liberalism? Or is it a bad analogy because you don’t care or believe and are just picking up money off the ground without caring if someone here thinks thats it’s problematic

But then how does that fit with being mad at the Rs

We’re not allowed to have our own individual opinions of Binance?

As for the other stuff, they are clearly a Nazi organization top to bottom with a pro-Nazi agenda. Like a real life version of SPECTRE with secret Nazi cave headquarters under a volcano on some remote island where they spend all day plotting Nazi schemes to do Nazism all the time all over the place.

Or maybe it means about as much as all the other times things like this happen at other companies. Who can tell? But it’s probably that they’re all Nazis.

You lost me at y’all.

I’m not going to speak for anyone else on here, and it’s not some big collective hive mind

Ok I waa just following the analogy of libs vs R

What other businesses that require you to complete KYC do you believe won’t turn over information to the government of a country they operate in?

1 Like