The Crypto Thread

Your success rate doesn’t need to be that great to make money, one home run can make up for quite a few fails. No one is only picking successful projects to dive into.

Right, this is called spoofing and it’s illegal to do so on the stock market but should be just fine in a blockchain environment.

My question to you, or anyone else is whether these spoof bots could in any creative way possible cancel a purchase “after” 'it’s been accepted by the owner in either a buy it format or an auction? I don’t know if that is possible in this setup but I know what spoofing is and why it’s used how they can manipulate price.

I will share my opinion on this later if I get some time.

1 Like

Can’t wait

5 Likes

so I accidentally clicked an old thread and got through a few posts before realizing it…

imagine a world where suzzer was the person who motivated goofy to look into all this lolol

3 Likes

Formula72 there’s been ignorant comments in this thread, but your posts the last few pages have been so ill informed, mind-bogglingly stupid it’s making my head spin. Spouting off nonsense on a topic you clearly know nothing about with such confidence and with such certainty you’re right is just something to behold. Are you the doctor? Imagine a random of the street taking your place in the doctors office. I’ve seen 1 episode of House M.D so I’m qualified to treat any disease! Actually that’s unfair. It would be way more likely I could treat a random patient than you being correct on this topic.

And before the peanut gallery comes in blah blah you’re so thin skinned. You crypto bros know we’re right that’s why you can’t handle a little push back. That’s not why. It’s because 15 people come in equally uninformed and with the same bad takes it gets tiring.

2 Likes

Man if I was invested in something I was super confident about the last thing I would do is yell at people who disagree.

1 Like

The level of some of the posting here isn’t akin to disagreement anymore. We’ve got people posting stuff on the level of ‘Gravity isn’t real’ and ‘The Earth is flat’ now.

2 Likes

Man if yelling at idiots on UP mattered in a trillion $ market I might agree

You’re asking if you can do take-backsies on an ETH blockchain transaction? No, you can’t.

1 Like

I mean, you brought up an inane Twitter thread where your main takeaway was “Damn Canada! Civil forfeiture is terrible!”

Civil forfeiture is terrible! In the US, Canada, or anywhere.

1 Like

I’m still trying to wrap my head around hating something soooo much, while also being completely certain it is all a big pile of nothing that is doomed to fail.

1 Like

Oh you mean "lets steal your dumb aunt’s money " micro transaction games, not actual games.

“Lets hope they put more $ into candy crush than a ps5 costs” is gross

1 Like

Well yea, no shit. Not sure why I need a galaxy brained Twitter thread from a punk truther (that doesn’t know what kind of government Canada has) to tell me that. John Oliver made a pretty popular video over that nearly a decade ago.

No, if there is a gap between winning an auction or an accepted price and payment, like most online auctions.

That’s one of the benefits of the whole blockchain thing. The initial side of the offer (e.g. a sale listing, or an offer to purchase one of your items) is signed by one user. Then, if someone wants to accept it, the taker side of the offer signs it as well and sends it on to the blockchain, where open source smart contracts atomically process payment and transfer the NFT simultaneously.

Can someone send out an offer and then empty their wallet, so the offer would be void if someone tried to process it? Yes, but the offer gets pulled from OpenSea pretty quickly when that happens.

1 Like

The amount “stolen” from the convoys through this is as much as the US takes with Civil forfeiture every 4 hours.

1 Like