The Crypto Thread

Maybe, but whatever that trendy tchotchke is my guess is the Discord guys will be aware of it well before the rest of us.

I would wager large sums that the high profile projects like BAYC and CryptoPunks are going to retain significant value for many years. Maybe not always as much as they’re worth today, but still a lot.

Although I expect 99% of the rest will soon be worth very close to zero.

2 Likes

I think this probably the correct take but they did make 10,000 apes/punks… unless there is a big divergence between individual apes/punks prices (rares/etc) - it seems like it’s gonna be hard to maintain a floor anywhere near the current price.

Guinness World Records lists Leonardo da Vinci’s Mona Lisa as having the highest ever insurance value for a painting. On permanent display at the Louvre in Paris, the Mona Lisa was assessed at US$100 million on December 14, 1962. Taking inflation into account, the 1962 value would be around US$860 million in 2020

So, the Mona Lisa is worth ~25% as much the Ape NFT’s ?

10,000 1-gram bags of coke is worth more than 10 kilos of coke

1 Like

BTC going to zero.

https://twitter.com/stoolpresidente/status/1487150299462647819?s=21

The NFT world is now so massive that it’s impossible to know most of what’s going on, opensea is the biggest part but there’s plenty without it now–there’s so many god damn projects. Flow’s starting to pump out a lot of stuff. Wax still has funkos and more actual companies like that using it. I’m assuming lol solana at any rate long term as I’ve completely ignored that.

Opensea having issues has opened a door. Now they’re under attack from a lot more than just whatever coinbase is gonna do. All sorts of marketplaces, nft’s, etc they gotta correct their issues, lol them for sending an e-mail telling people to do X and that was NOT the thing to do unless you wanted a bot to get your listing way too cheap.

1 Like

Probably watching btc go up and down and constantly reevaluating just how big of a sexual assault lawsuit he can afford

BSC too. Everybody in the US ignores it because it’s mostly opaque to them, but it has tons of gaming NFT’s, plus all the TopGoal futbol stuff.

I think he’ll find Tether does it by massive fraud and running the risk of collapsing the whole crypto economy. That said, Gemini seem to actually do it.

1 Like

Kotaku hates nfts so much lol. Ubisoft guy is dead right tho, status quo gives gamers nothing and nfts lets them potentially get something tangible back from playing a game

1 Like

Just reading a bit more, and it seems Ubisoft gave away the NFTs for free to gamers who put in a certain number of hours, but for some reason Kotaku is still really mad and calling it a cash grab since Ubisoft gets some fees on secondary sales.

2 Likes
2 Likes

I liked ubisoft better when they were like “fuck you”

2 Likes

Do you really think this bullshit is going to go on forever or have you just made so much money you don’t care or do you think you can time it.

3 Likes

we’re still early

2 Likes

3 Likes

Paris Hilton, the rapey Barstool guy, Lance Armstrong. Excellent company.

1 Like

meanwhile in stocks
https://twitter.com/nick_clevelands/status/1486528764875984900?s=20&t=4vZSeO-KMdj33zgFOBYG6A

10 Likes

One of the biggest projects the discord is invested in is called Aku by a former MLB player turned artist named Micah Johnson, and it’s more inspiring than anything you’ve probably been a part of in your entire life. There are shitty people and scammers involved in literally everything that you interact with. Their presence doesn’t mean anything unless you let it.

1 Like
1 Like