The Crypto Thread

But you’re right, I shouldn’t be outlining what can be discussed where. Im just going to mute the thread instead.

GL all.

2 Likes

Most of the people who have joined in the last month have made money and there are ways to grind up with a smallish bankroll. I would be happy to give you your best options for whatever you had to risk. This isn’t over and no one here has really hit the lottery although we are working on it.

The fact everyone is saying “come, join us” should be a sign we all want you to rather than some actual brag here. The bragging is meant to encourage you to join what has been a great opportunity.

1 Like

Find someone at the poker table that will sell you crypto for cash.

2 Likes

Why put me on blast like this?

Yeah, I get it, and I appreciate you, I really do.

Just feel very overwhelmed with it when I’m on the discord. I tried following, I just think I’m too fucking old and stupid to get it.

Y’all aren’t my therapists or life coaches or even crypto coaches, so I just feel bad wasting any time you guys put into helping a schmuck. I truly wonder if I would have had a shot at it if I wasn’t running on like a 3 month long depressive episode.

Anyway, thanks again. Maybe Ill dip a toe back in once Ive worked through whatever is going on in my head.

3 Likes

Funny story. I knew a degen who at one point had his net worth wrapped up in approximately 3 bitcoin when it was around 20-25K. Not because he was a crypto enthusiast, but because he had it from online poker and he had nothing else. He was technically on the run from the law, not checking in with his probation officer and he eventually went back to prison for a bit. He was a scammer who even got mentioned in a thread on 2+2 for being a scammer. I haven’t see him in a while, but I heard he settled down and had a kid after getting out.

Anyways, there was a time when he busted, sold some bitcoin for a buy-in, and was sitting at a slot for a long time waiting for the transaction to go through. I think it took him over an hour before he was able to get back in the game.

So, basically, what I want to know is what do I need to set up to accept transactions at the table and what do I need to do to protect myself from being scammed?

If you guys want me to shut up and stop bothering the thread - feel free to send an invite to these discords where everyone makes $30k free money for doing nothing.

You wouldn’t be wasting my time. Plenty helped me and I wouldn’t have gotten there without them. The least i can do is earnestly help anyone who wants it.

Dm me on the discord sometime or here.

1 Like

Just pm imjosh, dude, this has been said dozens of times ITT.

Fwiw i was legit scared to ask questions about eth nfts AFTER SIX MONTHS IN THE TOPSHOT DISCORD. So I get that it can feel overwhelming. But i think everyone there does truly want success for the people around us, especially the newer people. Because we do remember how insane it felt.

4 Likes

One reason to buy crypto at the table is if it would keep a fish who’s selling in the game. I should probably also set up Venmo and Paypal for the same reason.

phone app easiest for this. metamask for ethereum, blockchain for bitcoin. free to sign up and create an address. do the set up at home because you should save your pass phrase somewhere offline, like write it down and put it someplace fireproof

once you’re there it’s as easy as showing them a QR code to share your address

make sure they send first. you’ll get it for sure in under 15 minutes. likely under 2 minutes depending on what’s going on around the world

2 Likes

Lol. You can’t beat the vig.

Very good post but the one thing i would add is that none of us started inside the restaurant. It takes time, good decisons and some luck.

For example i started well after the BAYC thing. Does that make me somewhat jealous? Of course. But there are literally new good opportunities every day so letting that paralyze me would be silly and self-defeating.

1 Like

Fuck it, I’ll join and sink the boat. PM me the Discord link too, please

One remaining question I have - how the fuck do taxes work on this? Is every transaction a taxable event, even when it’s crypto-for-crypto or NFT-for-crypto or crypto-for-NFT? Does that mean I have to track every transaction in equivalent $-terms in addition to tracking crypto gains?

yes. it’s all tracked on the blockchain you can just download an excel file at the end of the year

Download from OpenSea, I assume? And that would include the crypto used (ETH, I assume) spot price at the time of the transaction?

How much money did you make on NFTs in 2021

• $1M+
  • $500K-$1M
  • $100K-$500K
  • $25K-$100K
  • $10K-$25K
  • $1K-$10K
  • $1-$1K
  • $0
  • -$1K-$0
  • -$10K- -$1K
  • lost more than 10K

0 voters

How do I anonymize a poll? Or is it anonymous? I’m on mobile

A little solidarity here. I definitely a similar reaction. I left this thread for a while because it was all negativity and decided I’d check back in after 1k unread posts. Made it to about 700 before I posted today about the XCH coin I’m interested in. Discord definitely seems overwhelming. Also, I keep forgetting how to log in … definitely getting old.

1 Like