The Crypto Thread

Suzzer: I apologize I only meant that comment jokingly based on your post where I feel you’re being too hard on yourself

4 Likes

It didn’t bother me at all. I just thought it was a weird non-sequitur because all I said I was I know I would suck at the crypto/nft game.

The part about capitulating was another truism in these things. When the perma-bear finally unloads his puts and goes long, that’s the time to sell sell sell.

If you guys remember I actually nailed the top of BTC a few years ago. I bought one BTC for $20k just to make the bubble pop, which it did. I sold for like a $600 loss, then BTC tanked for 2+ years.

If they turn Hearthstone cards into NFTs I will become Jeff Bezos instantaneously.

1 Like

they will and you won’t. I was all like if they ever turn crypto into nba related game ill finally get it all back and look what happened

1 Like

Feels like BTC has been mooning forever. Completely forgot about the 3 year lull before they conducted this experiment of locking everyone in their rooms with a bunch of stimmy.

2 Likes

Any others that might also go mainstream but at a lower price? I take it you cant buy a 0.05 of a monkey jpeg?

Soon, supposedly Q1 bayc will have some kind of coin. That’d be a good spot to buy and hold where you can choose your level of investment

There’s a token for fractional ownership of cryptopunks right now, but last I checked there was something fucked. So post it here or in the discord before you buy to get more eyes on it. But that’s a way to get in on premium projects for under 50 grand

What about some of the tier 2 and tier 3 coins? That could serve as a similar bet right?

Maybe. Coolcats either had a coin or is coming out with their coin soon, that’s an interesting spot for like second tier premium nft project

$LOOKS is a fractional ownership of a whole nft marketplace that we’re all in rn. If you’re into nft coins

1 Like

i feel like you’re mixing crypto and nfts here.

Some NFTs look like vanity shitcoins dressed up as pretend art.

If you’re talking about crypto and not NFTs, the safest option is Bitcoin. If you want exposure to NFTs and DeFi then get some Ethereum. Those are the two highest market caps by a large margin. Generally the lower the market cap, the more the risk and volatility (but also the higher upsides). You can own fractional amounts of coins (can buy 0.01 Bitcoin for $430, for example).

And when I say ‘safe’ I mean that Bitcoin will only drop 80% when other stuff drops by 90%. It’s all relative. Crypto is high risk / high reward. I view it sorta as a higher risk stock market

1 Like

I’m not confusing them, im just agnostic. Seems the profitable strategy in nfts seems more about flipping regularly. So just trying to understand what options are there to place a few bets and forget about it for a while. Looking across both coins and nfts.

I’m not necessarily trying to avoid risk, just time and effort…

don’t go into nfts if you want to invest and forget about it for a month+

1 Like

BAYC

The crypto “games” certainly sound interesting. I’ll just have to do some research to figure out where to start.

Dawg, that wasn’t the top. Just admit you’re wrong about everything.

It was the local top. Obviously I know it’s gone higher since then. Hence “tanked for 2+ years”. Maybe you should actually read what I post before firing off.