The Crypto Thread

I mean they absolutely did launch successful products although that is kind of the wrong way to think/look at it. ETH for example now has an entire ecosystem built on top of it. That didn’t exist in 2017 and was literally just a whitepaper idea.

1 Like

which products? and what’s the right way to think of it?

Do I really need to run down the list of exchanges/defi/NFTs/etc that are built on top of ETH? Like in 2017 ETH was just a coin just like the rest of them. Now it is far more than that.

Your whole point was that the 2017 coin/whitepaper craze was dumb. Some of them actually followed through.

ETH was trading at basically 0 until 2017 btw.

i was talking about every other project/company other than eth/btc.

also you don’t have to do anything, i was seriously asking. I took interest in 2017 and if someone told me that 4 years later these would be the products available on the crypto/blockchain world i would have been thoroughly disappointed. If you wouldn’t be than you had lower expectations.

What products were you expecting? ETH was literally $10 at the beginning of 2017 so it certainly is a good example of something that boomed during the 2017 shitcoin/BTC frenzy that has become much more than what it was.

well i got some job offers at the time from several companies that had grandiose plans of doing betting exchange/websites on the BLOCKCHAIN. none of that got any significant traction. there were tons of ideas and insane amount of money raised that year for projects.

so again, other than eth, i don’t know which followed through with any success.

this doesn’t mean there aren’t any, it’s just that I don’t know of them.

Solana

1 Like

blockchain

2 Likes

Chainlink, Axie Infinity, Dapper Labs

Here’s one with many real-world use cases.

1 Like

Same, and ETH, both in free fall since

Scroll up and see where I got into it because Bovada won’t take my dollars from US and A

Free fall to lows not seen in…2 weeks?

2 Likes

I bought eth, shib, and BTC at their ATHs.

Lucky me.

1 Like

That’s like a lifetime in crapto years

1 Like

Top of one of those peeks

So i got this 14 inch cock any advice on where to put it?

8 Likes

Reads last line, deletes first post

Anyway, crypto isn’t the only place to park your money in obv to try and protect your purchasing power. You can always do more STONKS or fuck around with stable coin yields (I’m trying this now, Gemini USD earning 8%). Beats 0.X whatever you can get in a ‘high yield’ savings account.

Spy is like 20% still you guys are weird. Who TF has money in fucking savings accounts?

2 Likes

Treasury I bonds are 7%

3 Likes