The Crypto Thread

Ha yeah, I finally bought the dip in the spring when it went from 60 to 50. Then down to 30 heh, but now I’m rich bitch!

1 Like

It really feels like Dogecoin is next up to run back up to ATH’s and beyond.

Doge’s been way too quiet and no way in hell she just goes away like this.

https://twitter.com/ErikVoorhees/status/1458883853636956168

Time for plan ₿

(hes prob just gonna buy 5 billion worth of doge tho for the memes)

I saw an article somewhere just yesterday predicted $DOGE would be going to the moon because it was literally going “to the moon” on one of Elon’s space ships :rocket: but since I read that article it’s been down so idk wtf is going on with it.

to me this feels like this is all going back down, NFT’s mostly have gone to shit, why wouldn’t crypto be next?

hopefully I’m wrong but that’s the feels

1 Like

5 Likes

Oh, it’s definitely going down. Didn’t you see I bought back into BTC?

2 Likes

Are any cryptocurrencies actually being used for anything in the real world? Examples?

Are you implying jpegs arent real?

3 Likes

They were being used for drugs and hitmen, but I think that’s dried up.

I had another Monica Bellucci dream. I was in Paris on a case. Monica called and asked me to meet her at a certain café. She said she needed to talk to me.

When we met at the café, @Trolly was there. But I couldn’t see his face. Monica was very pleasant, she had brought friends. We all had a coffee.

And then she said the ancient phrase: “We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives inside the dream”.

I told her I understood. And then she said, “But who is the dreamer?”

7 Likes

Ethereum you got DeFi and NFTs as big ones among other things.
Bitcoin decentralization and track record is unmatched. It is legal tender in El Salvador and probably will be in other countries soon. But mainly it will just keep chipping away at precious metals as a store of value due being a more mathematically sound asset.
Right now a lot of people are using them alongside stonks as a hedge against inflation
Pretty much any crypto is better way to send money across the world vs something like a bank wire or any other traditional payment that takes 3+ days due to ACH and other shit

2 Likes

afaik Stellar Lumens (XLM) dominate the transaction chart, so they’re actually being used for transactions… except I think most of those transactions are moving funds from exchange to exchange so that folks can buy other cryptos.

It is funny how the 2017 bubble was like infinite amount of companies who will change the world with blockchain. decentralized shopping decentralized gambling decentralized media. All had white papers and advisors and website with pictures on the bottom and mottos and goals and basically nothing happened out of all of them (other than making billions in ICOs).

Then this year boom it’s like “here’s a dog. here’s a jpeg of a dog. here’s a dog mocking the other dog”

7 Likes

What is my perfect crime? I break into Tiffany’s at midnight. Do I go for the vault? No, I go for the chandelier. It’s priceless. As I’m taking it down, a woman catches me. She tells me to stop. It’s her father’s business. She’s Tiffany. I say no. We make love all night. In the morning, the cops come and I escape in one of their uniforms. I tell her to meet me in Mexico, but I go to Canada. I don’t trust her. Besides, I like the cold. Thirty years later, I get a postcard. I have a son and he’s the chief of police. This is where the story gets interesting. I tell Tiffany to meet me in Paris by the Trocadero. She’s been waiting for me all these years. She’s never taken another lover. I don’t care. I don’t show up. I go to Berlin. That’s where I stashed the chandelier.

12 Likes

How do you get the cop out of their uniform?

Ransomware, money laundering, capital flight. Also every stock swindle and scam from 100 years ago - ponzis, bucket shops, rug pulls, pump & dumps, wash trading, wildcat banking.

4 Likes

I mean some of the shitcoins/non BTC coins from 2017 survived and are literally the most viable/valuable coins right now. Sure a huge percentage failed. That happens in every industry. Look at the early 80s PC industry. Most of those companies failed and went to 0. Does that mean PCs were dumb? Not really, it just means that 90% of the early companies chasing relevance failed.

3 Likes

they survived what? the coin value? they didn’t launch any successful products which was the point of the whole thing.