The Crypto Thread

Tim Apple has some bitcoin but he says his company won’t put any on the balance sheet. SAD!

2 Likes

Buying BTC tomorrow. You all have been warned. Whatever it is right now will stay as the ATH until I sell.

3 Likes

HODL

1 Like

Is it at ATH? I’ve been laying off because I thought it was lol

BCH is riding the lightning lately :zap: Got in under $600 but sadly for not nearly enough

It’s close to ATH… It’s at $66k now. Think it hit $68k at peak.

1 Like

It does so much more than a QR code

And it’s decentralized so no middle man

It’s also super duper early and any tech will seem clunkier at first and have it’s drawbacks (eg gas fees) but those will get worked out and it’ll be like “how did we ever live without this?” like with lots of other tech

1 Like

FDz3Cl9UcAMLn9y.jpg large

8 Likes

Like any price expectation, it’s so difficult to say though. I received an airdrop which amounted to ~$1400 in the first few days, so I figured it would remain relatively stable. Turned out this stability was due to a mandatory unstaking period, and the price plummeted afterwards. I got out with ~$800, it would now be worth $80…

Mind you, this was a defi platform where such a price evolution is quite common, but I’m expecting a couple airdrops soon where again I’m at a loss what to do. I mean, look at the UNI airdrop at ~$5/token, which bottomed out at ~$3 and now is worth 10 times that.

This is my experience.

I started this on Oct 24th just to try to get a little freakin money onto Bovada but I still have not accomplished that. I’m clearly no expert but this to me looks bubblicious

I know everybody makes money on crypto, but somehow I manage to get in at the ATH every time and just lose lose lose:

You can pretty much see the exact moment I hit the buy button, right at the top…

The reverse midas touch. Please subscribe to my newsletter.

ETA: Forgot to mention that I singled handedly caused the Covid outbreak in America by scoring roundtrip SEA → Paris tickets for $280/ea in January of 2020 for Thanksgiving 2020.

7 Likes

It’s ok this is a normal pull back and soon we will blast off again.

1 Like

I’ll buy more when BTC gets down to $20k. Then I’ll buy more when it hits $10k.

4 Likes

1 Like

Pfft when i bought my first BTC, China banned bitcoin the next day, and the price dropped ~30%.

2 Likes

I don’t know if btc causes the market to drop or if the market dropping causes btc to drop but they follow suit for obvious reasons quite a bit more than in the past.

But they both need each other now!

1 Like

I accidentally locked myself out of a ledger so I had to go find the recovery sheet which wasn’t in the spot I thought it was but I finally found it and also I decided to dig out an old trezor I had shoved away years ago and it turned out it had 2x the max I thought possibly could be on it so today is a good day.

Though seeing the transactions is disturbing I had quite a few more at one point sigh.

13 Likes

fun game completed

Wait what happened? You were in it yesterday but now can’t get in?

I figured it out when I looked up the list of words; surprised this doesn’t happen more often but holy shit what an emotional rollercoaster I do not want ever again.

So naturally I ripped another ledger to use cause I want more pain.

1 Like