The Crypto Thread

Cant we start a up coin? I feel like we’re missing out

2 Likes

Would buy around $3.50 worth of UPcoins

1 Like

Would you be interested in some NFT of my butthole

2 Likes

Act now supplies limited only five trillion

Seriously if they hocked this stuff on infomercials with that GEM MINT TEN guy it would be hilarious but instead it’s on the Internet and there’s block chain so just take all my maneys

Are all wallets public but anonymous on the blockchain?

yes you can see a wallet if you look at a transaction it was involved in. they are anonymous unless you give it a name like suzzer99.eth. If you use that wallet to interact with exchanges that know your identity (like you used a bank account in your name to fund your account) then the wallet is technically no longer anonymous if the exchange gives over that info.

this is one of the billionaire SHIB guys transactions https://etherscan.io/tx/0x03bc19d71e1f43f8faa2ce7de53479cff7f495850a12e61ac91576880233ba29

1 Like

That link just hangs when I click it. Apparently I crashed the blockchain.

Seems like people being able to triangulate who holds which wallets based on transactions of whatever would be a downside.

Edit: it finally came back. Apparently I’m not allowed on the blockchain.

i think that’s like the whole point of the blockchain, it’s a public ledger.

etherscan was dead, working now

2 Likes

What if government was more accepting of crypto but banned use of things like coin mixers and placed a bounty on people using such services to hide their wealth (10% of the crypto transferred if you can prove it, payable after conviction and seizure of assets)?

sounds good to me. i don’t do that stuff and will pay taxes on my gainz

Raise

Fuck, I don’t know how to timestamp. 11:26

3 Likes

If an ETF tracks futures prices, does that mean it’s possible for an asset to rise over a long time frame while the ETF reflecting its future price falls?

Basically, is it possible the crypto etf falls while BTC and ETH moon? If people keep thinking “it can’t possibly go higher” yet it still does…

https://cryptohayes.medium.com/

The above link is to the former BitMex CEO’s personal blog. The ETF underperforms spot btc for a few reasons he outlines in his October 28 post titled “Thanks for Nothing”. Couple charts in there and good weedsy analysis for anyone interested in that. Always some personal storytelling from Arthur as well, and each of his posts has been a worthwhile read imo.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll take a look. I am prepared to be bewildered.

I gave up shortly after this.

When you trade a product from 9:30am to 4pm by purchasing a futures product that doesn’t trade on the weekend, and the underlying assets trades 24/7 and likes to pump and dump on the weekends, rekt on open is a real possibility.

I like his writing style, but that’s about where it got too technical for me.

1 Like

He certainly writes for a crypto-native audience.

1 Like

lol shibaments

3 Likes
1 Like

Crypto just reached a $3 trillion market cap.

1 Like