The Crypto Thread

Bitcoin is like the new “internet cash with a limited supply” in the fears of heading into an electronic cashless society.

So you get the gold bugs, the rich who want to hide their money, and illegal businesses all on board!

Yeah, it rules

3 Likes

Over 1 trillion dollars worth!

1 Like

now more than ever…

I think there is a distinction between an intervention by third parties stopping blockchain transactions and holding the scammers legally liable. I don’t think anyone is opposed to the scammers being punished (if they are somehow caught), including possibly being forced to return the money.

I think what people are opposed to if third parties taking actions to try to limit how the blockchain works. The whole point of the blockchain is that it’s decentralized and third parties are not supposed to be able to control it. So when OS blocks a sale of the stolen NFTs people are upset because they fear the slippery slope that OS and other third parties will try to exert more control over what transactions are allowable on the blockchain. Yeah, this one was a clear scam, but do you really trust OS to be the arbiter of these type of decisions.

As for the victim blaming, the internet if full of douches and crypto is probably a bit worse in this regard. I’d bet if you read twitter/reddit regarding people that got caught by Nigerian scams or similar, you’d probably see similar victim blaming.

Buy low and get Tucker Carlson to do a story on it.

2 Likes

It’s going to be huge when they start using ̶b̶e̶a̶n̶i̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶b̶i̶e̶s̶ NFTs in catalytic converters.

I would’ve guessed in the NFT world that would increase the prices
should’ve stuck with the sexism I guess

Can’t be too overt. The rape victim NFTs crashed after people noticed and that was months ago during height of NFT boom (and of a NFT that had quite a bit of hype and was initially doing ok).

i love the brainstorming from you lately. one of these is gonna hit bigly

1 Like

I wish I was the kind of person who actually carried through on ideas instead of just came up with them.

i should be a friend and say you should work on that but i’ve seen some of your other ideas

8 Likes

What do we need to do to get it to 2 trillion!?!

These should 100% be flippable to the MAGA crowd

I like to think I have the ability to think outside the box and come up with ideas that people wouldn’t come close to contemplating. Some of them are really bad and some of them can be quite interesting. The best job for me would be something where I could just spew ideas and have someone pick out the best ones for further consideration. I should start a ghost-writing factory where I write plot outlines for other writers to execute.

One probably horrible idea I had was to make fun of NFTs by releasing a series of dick pics (not my own) as NFTs. I think it would be hilarious if it took off and serious commentators on crypto would have to start talking about penises. Imagine if prices did not correlate to size and people were trying to figure out why certain ones had higher prices than other ones.

3 Likes

5 Likes

https://opensea.io/collection/cryptodickbutts-s3

1 Like

Wait.

Imagine hating on a squiggle

2 Likes