The Crypto Thread

10k in cash.
10k in an S&P index fund.
10k in BTC.

Invested today.

Which performs best over the next 10 years?

3 Likes

FYP

3 Likes

turn that CASH into $ASH and you got a stew going

5 Likes

So buy WAX?

If the question was one year I’d agree with you. That is, if you could even get your hands on an animal JPEG for 10k…

I wouldn’t buy any crypto. But if bitcoin can create a few miracles for itself AND we continue down a path of further inflation, and a rising stock market, I think specifically btc can gain alot more. But the downside is massive and there are a shitloaf of catalysts for it to happen.

Why not? If you had bought $100 of bitcoin at 30c you’d be rich. Wax is 30c now and is cArBoN NeUtRaL. They’re also out of beta.

Has anyone considered turning these graphs into NFTs?

1 Like

Because wax is priced 100x higher than bitcoin was when it was 30 cents. If wax reaches 60k, it’s worth far more money than all the money on planet earth combined.

a big part of the scam on this shit is the price per coin

OK screw it, I did a quick search and didn’t see an answer to my question and don’t have time to read 2200 poasts:

I’m trying to set up a new account on Bovada since I haven’t used my old account in years and can’t get into it. When I went to try to deposit, my bank account ldo wouldn’t work, credit cards, debit cards wouldn’t work, so I decided to try crypto (been meaning to dabble anyway). Litecoin looked like an OK choice so I thought I’d buy the bitcoin, convert to litecoin, deposit on Bovada, done, finished no problem right?

Well, of course not. Bovada won’t take basically any of my payment methods. Coinbase won’t take my PayPal. At first I thought it was because I used a different email to set up Coinbase than I was using for PayPal so I even changed my PP e-mail to match CB email and still no luck. Then I found out I can buy the shit straight from PP so I said screw CB I’ll just use PP. Only now I can’t use PP to buy! My bank (bank of America) appears to be the one stopping it. No idea why. So I can’t use PP funds to fund my CB account to buy and trade through CB; I can’t buy and trade through my active-and-working-since-2003 PP account because my bank won’t let me; and I still can’t deposit on Bovada which is the reason all of this started in the first place.

So like WTF? How does anyone even buy this shit?

https://opensea.io/collection/wonky-stonks

A collection of graphs of all the shit coins could have legs too.

1 Like

Update: so BoA will let me link my account to Coinbase apparently, and buy crypto through them, but not through PP because raisens. tf? I’m not sure I even want to use coinbase after reading Wichita’s posting at the beginning of the thread, sounds like they are trash and have high fees, no?

Can I just fund my PP account and then use the funds on there to buy the crypto? Seems like that might be a (somewhat annoying since it takes days) workaround. But some say it’s not the best way to go if you aren’t planning to hold the crypto for an investment? This is, at least for now, to fund my Bovada account that’s it. And speaking of, do I even need to convert to litecoin to do that? Can I just keep it in bitcoin form and deposit that way and get the same amount of credit or what?

Set up a cash app account you can buy Bitcoin instantly then transfer to a wallet and deposit on bovada.

2 Likes

sonofabitch that sounds just crazy enough to work

There are fees… but cash app lets you buy Bitcoin instantly.

Are the fees better or worse than coinbase? I guess I’ll check

paypal has some dumb closed system with their crypto. don’t use it. coinbase is legit. if you’re doing high frequency trading the fees will kill you but if you just want to grab crypto to hold or send to an anon wallet it’s one of the best ways

1 Like

If you already have a Bovada account, I’d be careful about making another one and at least email them about it first.

If you’re going to use coinbase, you want to use coinbase pro because they have WAY less fees. They use the same account, just go to pro.coinbase.com.

There will be some dumb shit where you can’t withdraw crypto until a week+ after your deposit.

Use litecoin or BCH and transfer from coinbase to your wallet before sending to Bovada.

1 Like

Last time I used Coinbase, the fees were $25 on a $500 transaction. It’s a fucking joke.

rofl you’ve got to be kidding me