The Crypto Thread

It was years and years ago, back when I used to play poker online there. I don’t think I’ve even attempted to log on since shortly after black friday and if there’s a balance on there it’s minimal. It’s probably okay to just abandon it at this point I think.I mean, they probably wouldn’t even be able to connect me with that old account at this point, new address and phone number and they apparently do not take pp anymore which is the method I was using to deposit and withdraw back then I think, it was either that or my actual bank account which apparently also does not work anymore.

If you are planning on winning some of their money and especially if you get a deposit bonus, they might ban you though.

Coinbase pro fees are .5%. I am pretty pissed off at them currently though because I bought some BCH to pick up sports betting deposit bonuses when I was betting a shit load on the DOTA tourney and the withdrawal sat on pending for two weeks and support was totally useless. So, I didn’t get my deposit bonus, wasn’t able to bet as much as I would have liked and had to hold a shitcoin for two weeks before the transaction cancelled.

1 Like

Nope. That was not through “pro”, as I was just trying to deposit money on a poker site. The idea in the heads of the Bitcoin bros does sound a lot better than the reality, though.

1 Like

Cash app was 17 for 1k Bitcoin deposit for me.

Not bad, sounds less than CB but more than CB pro if my math isn’t stupid

alright alright I’ll shoot them an e-mail just in case

I got banned from coinbase years ago for gambling transactions… I use Gemini but if I need money quick and from bank I just go cash app to wallet to site.

Is there a particular wallet I should be using? I know almost nothing over here

Doesn’t really matter as long as it’s not a scam imitating a real wallet. I use Electrum for BTC and Electron Cash for BCH.

Always send to your wallet between gambling site and coinbase or you will eventually end up like KSR.

1 Like

S&P
Cash
Btc

1 Like

Is Coinbase the cheapest option for buying BTC or ETH at regular intervals (say bi-weekly or monthly) with the intention of buying and holding?

1 Like

I set up a Kraken account that BoA transfered money to, and with this I bought BTC that I used to deposit into Ignition Poker, which shares the player pool and games with Bovada.

1 Like

It looks like there are several wallets out there that have their own exchanges built in, ever tried any of those?

I haven’t ever messed with anything but coinbase, but wallets that are connected to anything with KYC may ban you if you transact directly with gambling sites.

2 Likes

I have used blockchain.com for years. I have no idea if it’s good or bad but haven’t had any problems.

1 Like

I use Exodus as main wallet to hold a variety of coins. It also has an exchange although the fees on that can be a bit steep.

1 Like

The same as this past ten years.

Bitcoin
S&P
Cash

i wouldnt be surprised if even lolGold outperformed the USD (though it barely did over the last 10 years if at all)

1 Like

Read this part carefully:

Whatever you choose, make sure you write down your seed phrase accurately and store it in multiple safe places that are not online or cannot be accessed online. A few days ago I discovered a lost Electrum wallet on an old laptop that I had forgotten the password to. The last activity on that wallet was 2015. After a bit of searching (and panic), I was able to locate the correct seed phrase and unlock over $6,000. That’s the third or fourth time this has happened now with wallets holding fractional coins I had forgotten about. You have no idea what kind of crazy shit might happen 5 years from now.

5 Likes

Looks like I finally got everything set up. Had to take pics of the front and back of my drivers license and my face like three time and it was a total pita but I got enough in LTC for what I wanted to put on Bovada. Now I guess in 12 short days I can fund my account and gambool on whatever it was I wanted to do which I’ve since forgotten and lost complete interest in. Thanks for the help though! I needed to get this done eventually anyway I guess.

Hope you got rakeback on your new account, if your old account has been dormat long enough, it can be retagged and you can get RB.

1 Like